Recurrent miscarriages

General chat about being pregnant, the different stages of pregnancy, morning sickness, the ups and downs of carrying your baby.

Recurrent miscarriages

Postby jellybeansmum » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Ok so I have a daughter born in may 2014.completely straightforward pregnancy.had the Mirena fitted when she was 4/5 months and it didn't agree with me I bled heavily and was so moody.had a scan with it to be told I now had pcos? fast forward to April 2016 and we decided to TTC.got a bfp in august and miscarried naturally a week later.then in November had a mmc and had to have 2 d&C's to clear it.lost weight after that and got a bfp in may this year and again mmc and 2 d&C's and 9 weeks or haemmoraging.im on pill now for time being but I'm wondering is there any hope?hospital offered no testing and financially I'm not able to afford private testing.on last pregnancy I was on low dose aspirin and higher folic acid and still lost baby.has anyone been in my position and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?
[/img]
Can't wait to meet my jellybean!!Due May 7th 2014
jellybeansmum

Re: Recurrent miscarriages

Postby sherlock14 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi Jelly how are you, So sorry to hear about your losses. I had 2 miscarriages and went on to have a healthyish pregnancy (had a heavy bleed) with that pregnancy. As far as I'm aware if you have 2 consecutive micarriages and no living children your referred to public pregnancy loss clinic which was the case for me, but if you have have a child it's 3 miscarriages which would apply to you. I would def be questioning my gp or phoning maternity hospital to question them on this.

For my pregnancy with DD I was on eltroxin,aspirin and progesterone.
sherlock14

Postby Baileybree » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi jelly, so sorry for your losses, I've had 3 myself and have had every possible test under the sun and everything is ok, they said for the majority of people they don't find a reason but that still 78% will go on to have a live birth without any help. If you've already had a child everything is prob ok, it's just really really terrible luck. So sorry u have to go through this, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. U should join us over on the longer term ttc thread, everyone is very supportive over there.
Baileybree

Postby jellybeansmum » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 am

The hospital I attended won't test me they said I'm unlucky.
I lose the baby around the same point each time.I don't know what to do next. Like leave it or try again.
[/img]
jellybeansmum

Postby Baileybree » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 am

Have they tested tissue from the babies? That's disgusting they won't offer you testing, I think u really need to push, ask your gp for a referral letter and then they don't have a choice
Baileybree

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Jelly, my pet, it's good to hear from you. I've thought about you quite a bit over the last few months. I can't imagine how difficult 3 in a row must be. I'm glad a part of you hadn't given up all hope on trying again though.

I'd ask your GP for a referral if I were you. Mine has gotten me a referral to a gynae as it's taking so long this time around so maybe that would be an option for you? The hospital sounds dreadful.

Chin up hon, and hopefully next time around you will have a sticky bean! Xx
MrsAmy

Postby GalwaysGirl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Have you ever gone on progesterone jelly?
GalwaysGirl

Postby MrsFido » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 am

Hi Jellybean, I'm sorry for your losses. I know each one takes that bit more out of you.
Like you I had a straightforward pregnancy on DD in 2014 (well, preeclampsia toward the end so she was born 4 weeks early, but no real drama other than that).
But the following 2 years of trying resulted in 2 early losses (5-6 weeks) 1 very early at 4 weeks and 2 mmc's at 9 and 10 weeks, both needing D&Cs.
My very early loss was my 3rd (I'd had one D&C at that point) and although my hospital said they wouldn't normally view that as a miss, they still referred me to the recurrent miscarriage unit as I was in bits. It was the best thing I did, as the consultant was amazing. I had another early loss before my first appointment with her, but once I met her and she reviewed my history, She started me on progesterone and aspirin. Unfortunately I went on to lose that baby at 10 weeks, and the walk into theatre for that D&C nearly broke me. It's a very lonely place to be.
However on her recommendation, tests were done on the baby and it turned out there was a chromosomal problem that meant the baby would never have survived.
After a lot of soul searching and healing time we agreed to give it one last shot. The consultant put me on the same meds, but also daily injections of innohep. We did NIPT testing at 12 weeks and the relief when the results came back low risk was great, but we didn't relax in the pregnancy until DD2 was finally born - 5 weeks early and I had placenta accreta which meant I had to have a hysterectomy. So a lot of drama. But we got there.
She's 10 weeks old now and every time I look at her I'm reminded of how worth the wait she was, and how glad I am that I didn't give up.
If that pregnancy hadn't worked out though, I don't know if I could have gone through it again, for the sake of DH, DD1 and my own mental health.
So I guess what I'm saying is that everyone has their own line that they need to draw and say enough is enough...but it's okay to move that line if, like me, you find that hope has a way of getting back into your heart and head just when you think it has gone completely.
Best of luck with whatever path you take xx
MrsFido

Postby Baileybree » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello mrs fido that's a lovely story, it really gives me hope after 3 Mc, even though they were early my doc feels that there was prob chromosome probs and it's just a matter of finding the right egg.
Baileybree

Postby jellybeansmum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Tissue can only be tested if passed naturally.last 2 MCs were d&C's
Tbh I doubt I will try again
I could TTC and conceive and go on progesterone and probably still lose the baby.my mental health couldn't take it iv been suicidal many times since it's all happened.i think I'll have to accept it won't happen for us
[/img]
jellybeansmum

Postby jellybeansmum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:15 pm

My oh doesn't want to try again either.he didn't want to try after 2 losses and I kept at him til he agreed.i haven't even the energy to convince him
[/img]
jellybeansmum

Return to General Pregnancy Chat