Summer baby train 2018

So you're expecting a baby? Share the great news with us and other mums to be. Tell us your due date and how you are feeling.

Summer baby train 2018

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:12 pm

Cautiously creating this group for all the summer babies due next year. Hope to have lots of passengers here.

Mrsmandm
Due #2 May 4th

Sunshine123
Due #3 May 6th

Sped
Due #1 May 8th

Gymbunni.
Due #1 May 9th.

Tailspin
Due # May 10th.

Lean87
Due #3 May 16th

Sarah4321
Due #1 May17th

Galwaysgirl
Due May 17th

Babyno2dueinMay due #2 May 22nd

Cappuccinorose due #1 June 18th

Southmama due #2 June 20th
Last edited by Gymbunni on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Gymbunni

Re: Summer baby train 2018

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:23 pm

I'll hop on with you Gym :-)

I am exactly 4 weeks today, EDD 9th May also.

Fx we get lots and lots of passengers here.
Flipper23

Postby Babydust25 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Technically not summer as I'm due end of March but have to keep an eye on this train :)
Babydust25

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:10 pm

Yahoo Flipper. Can't believe we're due the same day. How exciting.

Defo pop in babydust. You can teach us all you know
Gymbunni

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes exactly, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Gym I downloaded about 3 apps last night, I am mental! I also rang the doctor I want to go with this morning and booked in with him. His secretary was so nice! Getting a date for the first scan at 11 weeks was surreal.

How are you feeling besides excited? TMI but my boobs are not that sore, they have kinda been sore since I started treatment so maybe I am just used to that. I have had a headache all day and feel a bit yucky but nothing major at all, yet.

It's so early days so I am just keeping everything crossed all will be ok but also getting totally carried away with myself.
Flipper23

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Ha ha flipper I'm the same. I've downloaded 3 apps. Signed up to eumom. I'm losing run of myself.

Are you going private? I dunno what to do. Id possibly like to go semi private but dunno if its worth the money. Haven't booked in with gp yet. I'll ring tomorrow after speaking with merrion again I think.

As for symptoms, My boobs feel bigger but not sore. Still have creamy cm...I keep checking cos I'd have bloody cm or af by now if I wasn't pg. That niggly pain on my right is still there. Headache today also and I'm wrecked. Hoping it's all good sign.

Praying we will both be ok xx
Gymbunni

Postby Russarry » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:10 pm

Will be stalking this train also ladies if you don't mind me doing so :lol: followed your ttc journeys so definitely need to be following the pregnancy journey!

Gym I went public on my 2 pregnancies in Holles Street. Would have loved to o semi private but honestly couldn't justify spending the money when the only difference I could find was that you get a ward with 6 beds instead of 8.. waiting times for app with consultant are longer with public but I used to take the day off work so I wouldn't be rushing back and being honest I enjoyed sitting there with all the other pregnant ladies taking it all in :) whatever you do decide, make sure you feel it's what's best for yourself :) hopefully you'll have a straight forward pregnancy and you'll be in and out of your appointments :)

Russarry

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:16 pm

We will gym, sticky little poppy seeds in there!!!

Yes I am going private, figure I have spent enough money getting it in there so what the hell. Actually, the consultant I am going to gives a discount for IVF pregnancies as he already figures you've spent a lot of money. When his Secretary said to me "is this an IVF pregnancy?" I thought she was going to say he wouldn't see me or something. He's the same guy my sisters went to for their 2 kids and my SIL is going to him currently so I feel reassured with how much they all like him.

It's defo up to personal preference though, I have so many friends who went public and had a great experience like you Russ. I haven't heard amazing things about Semi P, like that, it's not really worth it.

Are you in the catchment area for the Domino scheme Gym? Meant to be excellent.
Flipper23

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Aw thanks for all the feedback girls. I'm so torn. Really need to ring my health insurance and see what I'm covered for. If semi p didnt cost much after they paid a bit I'd be tempted. I don't live in the catchment for domino Flip but may work in it so dunno if they would accept me. Just nervous and wanna feel in good hands.

Russ Please do keep an eye on us and fill us with your wisdom. how many scans do you get as public? Heard semi you get scanned at them all so that tempted me. Thought semi wards had 4 beds...could be wrong. Need to decide quick so I can get booked in
Gymbunni

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Don't panic too much Gym, at 4 weeks gone you're ahead of the pack. Most don't even know they're pregnant yet! (Though who are these people?!).

See what the clinic recommend when you call them tomorrow? All the scans are already like drugs to me, if my POAS addiction wasn't bad enough wait til I start at the scans.

Russ and Babydust you're like our fairy godmothers! Stalk away! I've no doubt I'll have anxiety and scares along the way and it's so nice to hear from those who have been through it or are a bit ahead in the process.

One other strange one, my acu said I couldn't dye my hair for the first 12 weeks. I am a highlighted blonde, if I went another 12 weeks without getting my hair done I would be arrested. Is she just being super cautious?
Flipper23

Postby Shorty » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi ladies decided to have a nosey around as I'm due Jan so on another thread. I'm with semi private. So far I have had a scan at every appointment which is reassuring. I see the same consultant every time which is the reason I went for it.
And as for waiting it is nice not to be in a hot room all day but my reason was the same consultant throughout the pregnancy.

Best of luck o your journeys
Shorty

Postby Babydust25 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm

I went public on my first and did combined care for a bit until I was being monitored in case I wud go into labour early , luckily I didn't but each time I went hospital I got scan most of them visits
Babydust25

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Hmmmm this gives me a lot to think about. Will ask Merrion tomorrow but I know they will recommend Holles street but it's just not handy for me to get to and parking is a pain. Be a dose for DH too. Rotunda far easier for us. DH said he thinks I should go semi private if I'd like but maybe I'm paying for nothing and should just do combined care/domino. I'll ring my insurance tomorrow and see what they say and decide then. Want to get booked in soon so I'll have my scan. Dying to tell people esp my Mam. So hard keeping it from her. Thanks girls for all your advice. No doubt I'll want more. Teach me all you know!!!

Flip what date is your scan? Hoping for one before the end of Sept and then we'll tell family. Will clinic scan you? Nurse yesterday said they'd get me in for early scan all going well tomorrow am with test.

Into my 3rd day of heartburn. I seem to be symptom city!!!
Gymbunni

Postby MrsD13 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Hey ladies do u mind if I stalk ye also. I'm on the Dec train. I'm going public and with my white coat syndrome I've asked to have all my apts in the hospital. I'm with the rotunda and so far have found them to be great. Don't mind the waiting around as it helps me with getting used to the environment. At 23 weeks only started getting bits now. I'd happily give any advice if needed. Went for an early scan with baby scan centre at 9 weeks to make sure all was ok.
MrsD13

Postby Gymbunni » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks mrsd. I'd be interested in hearing your experience of rotunda public. Are wait times awful? How many appointments have you had and scans? Doubt I'll be going to one of those scan places now cos clinic are going to scan me and then I'll have booking appointment.
Gymbunni

Postby Babydust25 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 pm

I went to coombe and I am going there again
Babydust25

Postby MrsAmy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna stalk too, in the hopes I'll be able to join you girls. Again, happy to help with any questions and advice. By no means an expert, but I've done it 3 times so I know a bit. :P

Gym, I was semi private in Holles st and had a private room because there was one. Which on a first baby is actually really lovely.

I loved Holles st. Definitely recommend it.
MrsAmy

Postby MrsD13 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Wait times have been fine so far gym. I had to go in to the ER as I had some brown blood at 18 weeks. I ended up waiting 6 hours but I should have rang to see what the waiting times were. But they were incredibly nice. There is nothing to small or silly you can ring them about.
MrsD13

Postby Russarry » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 pm

Agree with MrsAmy, Holles street are lovely. Such a nice hospital and midwives are so nice. Plus, no joke, the food is bloody lovely! Ha. I got a mini scan at every visit (scan to check heartbeat and baby position etc). Sorry Gym, you are right, SP is 4 beds, public is 6 bed. I was in the same ward as I was when I had ds, just in a different bed :) i had window bed on ds and this time around i was across the room in the middle cubicle. It was really lovely reminiscing the fact that I had been in this same ward 21 months previously with ds as a 1st time mam and now I was there as a mother of 2 :)

Russarry

Postby Flipper23 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 pm

Ohhh I am loving all the advice ladies! Thank you guys! I am booked in on 16th October Gym, apparently he scans at 11 weeks but yeah the Beacon said they would book me in for a scan when I ring on Monday. They said 7 weeks approximately, so only 2.5 weeks from time of official test date which is MAD.

I think go with a hospital that suits you best. Merrion will recommend Holles st, forgot that. If you go semi private with them I would 100% ask if there is a discount because you attended MFC.

It's been 24 hours since I did a test and I'm sitting here worried I'm not pregnant. Does the anxiety ever end girls?! What other symptoms do you have Gym? I felt a bit off today but wouldn't have paid any attention had I not known. I feel tired but I mean, who isn't?! I do have a have a bit of heartburn. I'm dying for some sickness (may regrets saying that), my nips are bigger and the veins in my boobs much more obvious. Are they symptoms?!
Flipper23

Next

Return to Pregnancy Announcements