How soon can you ovulate after ectopic surgery?

Ask questions or share your knowledge of trying for a baby, the emotional rollercoaster, the technicalities.

How soon can you ovulate after ectopic surgery?

Postby jessied » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi
I had ectopic surgery two weeks ago which resulted in one of my fallopian tubes being removed. I did an ovulation test yesterday as I had a feeling I was ovulating and it was positive. Does anyone know if this lh surge is just a result of the ectopic pregnancy or whether I'm actually ovulating already? I'm slighted worried as we had unprotected sex the other day!
Has anyone experienced same or got pregnant immediately after ectopic surgery? Tks x
jessied

Re: How soon can you ovulate after ectopic surgery?

Postby Lexie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm

So sorry to hear you had an ectopic. I had the same last September and a tube removed as well.
I honestly have no idea of you could be ovulating already but I have to say fair dues to you for DTD so soon after surgery! I had no interest for a couple of months. Bt best of luck with your recovery and hope everything works out as you wish.
If you are worried pick up the phone to you doc or one of the midwives in your hospital.
Lexie

Postby jessied » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi Lexie
I know I'm a little confused about ovulating so soon. I've tried to find information on it all and did eventually find some medical info that states that it is possible as your cycle could resume to normal 4 weeks after surgery, therefore possible to ovulate a couple of weeks prior to your AF arriving!
I'm not sure if it's possible to still have pregnancy hormones in my body which could be accounting for the positive ovulation test??
I doubt I could be pregnant as even if I'm currently having an lh surge it means I'll ovulate within the next 24-48hours and by the time it all happens the sperm will be a few days old so hopefully will have died off!

Either way I'm being careful from here on in as I think it's best to let me body heal internally after the surgery although I'm feeling fine - physically but maybe not mentally! It's the one time I don't want to get pregnant. I'll be eagerly awaiting the arrival of my periods. x
jessied

Postby MrsEL10 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Not sure about ectopics but i know that is possible to get a positive opk with the hcg hormone, so maybe there is still a bit in your system. I use a fertility monitor and they say on the instructions not to use within a couple of months of miscarriage
TTC # 1 Dec 10 - Dec 12, currently pregnant on # 2 :)
MrsEL10

Postby neadyneady » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 am

hi :) sorry to hear u had a n ectopic pregnancy i know exactly how you feel, i had one about 10 weeks ago i had to have surgery too and lost my left tube :( they tried to do it through key hole but couldnt so had to open me up so now i have a scare like a c section but without the baby, i was told i couldnt drive for 6 weeks, i was in hospital for 5 days after my op. my doctor told us to wait at least until after we had our check up with was a week ago we have been giving the go ahead to start ttc if we want but we are going to give ourselves time to get over it all dont think i could handle it if it happened again :(
neadyneady

Postby jessied » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi neadyneady, sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy, it sounds like you'd a really tough time, I hope you're doing ok considering and that things work out for you in the end. I actually went to see a counsellor the other day just to talk it though which was really beneficial and reassuring. Thankfully she seemed to think I was coping well and recommended that rather than seeing her I try alternative therapies to give my body & mind some TLC.
Anyway everything changed today when I did a pregnancy test and it came back positive! I guess I did ovulate & get pregnant...and it's definitely not anything still left from the EP as I did a pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago after I did the ovulation test. I'm almost 4 weeks over my surgery so this is all a bit much to take in but I'm seeing the doc next week and in for a scan the following so hopefully this time it'll all work out! I'm going to looking to doing some Mindfulness and couple of other things as I want to stay positive...wish me luck.
Hopefully there's hope for us all xx
jessied

Postby MrsEL10 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 am

Congrats jessied hope it works out for you this time
MrsEL10

Postby jessied » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks MrsEL10,
After three m/c's in a row followed by an ectopic I'm really hoping this works out. All the others were planned and this one was definitely not so I'm hoping that maybe this is the one that's meant to be. Keep your fingers crossed for me! x
jessied

Postby MrsEL10 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Will do :)
MrsEL10

Postby neadyneady » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 am

i'm delighted to hear your pregnant again! Having an ectopic really thats it out of you both mentally and physically and i dont think i'm ready yet to start ttc again but the min i do we will get back to it lol
i'm looking after myself by just taking time to do stuff like get my hair done or see my friends which after my op i completly let slip and i have im starting to get back to myself :)

have you been to see your doctor yet???
neadyneady

Postby jessied » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 am

You're dead right to take it easy and look after yourself. I had planned on taking it easy myself after the ectopic and was even considering going skiing in the New Year as a treat but now I'm just hoping everything goes ok.
I've been to the doc's and I've a hospital appointment tomorrow. It's only been six weeks since surgery so I'm not sure if they'll do an early scan or if I'll have to go back next week.
I'm nervous this time around and have started acupuncture to help relieve a bit of anxiety. I don't know how I'll handle it if anything goes wrong this time but I'm hopeful that maybe this "accident" is the one that's meant to be!
Look after yourself and take all the time in world, needless to say you'll know when you're ready to tcc again. Take care xx
jessied

Postby jessied » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Got my scan today...we're having twins! Can't believe it, nearly 6 weeks pregnant and seen two little heart beats, I was building myself up for bad news so couldn't believe it! I just hope it all goes well this time, I'm back in two weeks for another scan so I'm going to stay positive. Sorry just thought I'd update you and give you a bit of hope for the futre xx
jessied

Postby justCANTwait » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

wow thats amazing news.double congrats.xx
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/dGHGm4.png[/img][/url]
justCANTwait

Postby HoneyBee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Congrats that's brill news x
HoneyBee

Postby MrsEL10 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Wow twins congrats
MrsEL10

Postby jessied » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks a million ladies, early days but hopefully the two little guys will be here till the end. I still can't believe it, we're over the moon :thanks
jessied

Postby wanabe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 pm

after wat ya been through double congrats. h&h 9months
wanabe

Postby miniak » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:38 pm

:woohoo That's amazing, biggest congrats yo you and hubby. Alot to take in from the last few weeks for ye.. What a great day xx

:family :family :family :family :family :family :family :family :family :family :family :family :family
miniak

Postby jessied » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Tks again ladies, so happy xxx
jessied

Postby AtlantaMom » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:06 pm

I am going through the same thing & found this post via google. I became a member just to find out how everything went. Also to say being able to read about your experience has helped me all the way in the United States.

Any updates on the twins?
AtlantaMom

Next

Return to Trying to Conceive (TTC)