Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby Mrsjune » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm

That's defo it Sassy I had similar pains at 14 weeks they will pass though. Wow mrs baby cakes 3 weeks so exciting. I cried watching the babymakers the polish girl was like me it was like looking in a mirror my heart broke 4 her and 4 the poor Limerick couple how shit is it that it all comes down 2 money they only got one go at it
Mrsjune

Postby emilylou » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

i felt so sad for that poor polish girl aswell..god love her,it was one thing after another.
how are you doing mrsjune!x
emilylou

Postby MrsBabycakes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks girls.
Baileybree, no luckily I didn't have to go through stimming this time, my ovaries would jump out of my body and run away as they have been through hell & back. :roll: We are doing a donor round this time so our lovely donor lady on the other side of Europe had to go through the stimming a few months back.
We have 5 blastocysts but they are not being shipped to Dublin until next week. Anxiously waiting for them to arrive safely. The meds I start tomorrow are for womb lining thickening and preparation for transfer and I also have to take Clexane injections to thin the blood to avoid clotting and take Prednisolone steroid tablets which apparently are taken to help embryo be accepted into womb lining. Go figure!

Emilylou, I'm just taking the Raspberry leaf tea while I have my period but will stop over the next day or two.

I know MrsJune that programme was heartbreaking to watch, very close to home, it's not fair on any couple to have to go through this.. and such a lonely journey when all our friends who haven't been through it have NO clue how tormenting and painful it all is. How are you feeling MrsJune?
xxx
TTC 11 years
3 failed IVFs using OE
2 miscarriages after conceiving naturally
Next chapter - donor egg cycle
MrsBabycakes

Postby Baileybree » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Stupid me ms babycakes I knew that! So all you need to do is relax and wait for the little blasts to implant, happy days, this time 5 weeks you could be posting a pic of a positive test....
Baileybree

Postby Flipper23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:05 pm

3 weeks, wow MrsBaby how exciting! Sounds like you are taking such good care of yourself and doing all the right things. Please god it will all go smoothly
Flipper23

Postby Mrsjune » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm good girls no fear I just feel incredibly lucky I never thought this was goin 2 happen. I have everything crossed 4 ye 2 get ye re bfp
Mrsjune

Postby Michelle81 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Mrsbabycakes that's getting so close! Very exciting for ye and you are really looking after yourself so keep positive x
Emilylou so glad Siobhan made you feel a little better, it's nice to get that little bit of reassurance. She also told us to make sure we have the process a good chance. Hope the next few days go quickly for you.
MrsJune, sassy and flipper, thanks for being out continued inspiration x
I think The babymakers is a great programme, although hard to watch at times. Felt so sorry for that poor couple in Limerick too.
Michelle81

Postby MrsBabycakes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks girls, my biggest downfall is my anxiety which can literally lead to physical pains in my body so I'm trying to just keep tabs on it.. I'm doing everything else I can to keep calm but also have moments of fear & dread .. but also hope and excitement... it's such a mind bender!

Oh Baileybree, I'm afraid to even think that far ahead .. the day I do that test... but still soooo much to get through first.. as we all know anything can happen with IVF, until the transfer is done, I'm trying not to jump too far ahead. But here's hoping. How are you doing today?

MrsJune - what stage are you at, at the moment? It's great to hear of positive stories..xx
TTC 11 years
3 failed IVFs using OE
MrsBabycakes

Postby Flipper23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 am

That's the best way to handle it MrsBaby, just take one step at a time. We all know the two week wait will be hard, but we'll help you through it. You'll just have to be VERY good to yourself. How do you keep your anxiety at bay? Asking for a friend :shock:
Flipper23

Postby MrsBabycakes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks so much Flipper, I'm so very grateful for all you ladies on this page, we're all in the same boat and have a lot of understanding of how we all feel about this.
As for the anxiety, it got so bad for me a couple of years ago that I had to leave my job suddenly, it was so embarrassing and mortifying but I literally couldn't function anymore, complete meltdown.. it was a very high pressured job that I had been in many years. I left with the support of my husband and I realise I'm very very lucky that he has been able to support the two of us. It took a full year not being in that office job to start feeling human again. I went to counselling and got acupuncture which helped hugely. There are points on the body that the acupuncturist can target to help balance the body and keep it calm. It is more money though which I know can be stressful in itself but it was worth it at the time. It took 3 years since our last IVF for me to recover and tackle this head on again .. I'm not ready to give up and want to give it everything we have. For your friend, I can recommend a very good counsellor who is also a cognitive behaviourist.. she's on the south side of Dublin xx
TTC 11 years
3 failed IVFs using OE
MrsBabycakes

Postby emilylou » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

you are actually amazing mrsbabycakes and alot stronger than i think you give yourself credit for..fair play to leaving the job..your health and wellbeing is the most important.
how is eveyone else doing?where are you in your cycle michelle?x
emilylou

Postby Baileybree » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:21 pm

I hear ya with the anxiety ms babycakes, I've always suffered with it, I try to fight it as best I can but ttc has made it a lot worse... but if I didn't have this to worry about I'm sure I would find something else. U really do sound very relaxed and level headed about the whole thing really, you give everybody confidence here!

Have finished my last course of clomid thank god and the rage has definitely subsided, should be ovulating next week while we are away on holidays, not bringing opks or anything just gonna dtd every second night so hopefully the relaxation will do us well, really not holding out much hope having such a thin lining on clomid but stranger things have happened.
Baileybree

Postby Flipper23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Wow MrsBaby, you have been through the mill. Like Emily saidm you're incredibly brave and strong. Your DH sounds like a complete star also. You are right not to give up, it is worth fighting for.

Excellent timing for holiday Bailey!
Flipper23

Postby MrsBabycakes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Aw thanks girls but I'm a complete wuss bag!! I go through phases of being positive and then the dark cloud descends!! but feeling good today.. long may it last.

Baileybree, I'm sorry to hear you have anxiety too, it can really take over your life if it gets out of hand. TTC really exacerbates it for sure but like you, there's always something I worry about!
How perfect that you'll be ovulating when you're away!!! that'll be great timing. I got pregnant twice naturally both times away on hols - once in 2009 (while on a weekend away and fertility wasn't quite at the forefront of my mind and I had been getting acupuncture) and in 2014 when we were away in Spain 2 months after our 3rd failed IVF round. Both sadly ended in miscarriage but my point is, I think it was because we were a bit more relaxed that it happened and ovulation occurred while away. (plus you've more free time to DTD whenever you want ;-) ) Wishing you the best of luck with that :)

How are you feeling Flipper? yes my husband has been a wonderful support - but we have had plenty of ups and downs and tears over the years with all this. It's difficult for him too and he doesn't know how to deal with my anxiety as he doesn't have it himself, he doesn't understand it so that can be hard. But I'm very grateful that he's stuck by me and is giving us the opportunity to get this far xx

How are you doing today EmilyLou? xx
TTC 11 years
3 failed IVFs using OE
MrsBabycakes

Postby Baileybree » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Ya I'm hoping the same thing, it'll at least be relaxing not having to worry about opks, it'll feel like such a release for one month... it sounds like you've been through such a hard time ms babycakes but the best is yet to come!!!!
Baileybree

Postby mrsbb » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Hey everyone - had my first consultation at Rotunda yesterday. Went well, the consultant was lovely and really made me feel like he was on my side - first time I've had that experience with a doctor. He was a little concerned that my AMH which had been tested by my doctor at 49.4 - might be indicative of PCOS which is a little alarming. He tested it again himself yesterday. I also have to have bloods done on my next day 2 and those are being tested for a whole load of things. Also going to have an SIS scan on my next day 10. Anyone ever had this done?
mrsbb

Postby Baileybree » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Hey msbb glad your consultation went well, you honestly can't beat having a good doctor, it makes all the difference, it's like a weight lifted off when someone else takes control.

Pcos wouldn't be the end of the world and at least he's picking up on things, the more info you have the better your chances are going forward.

I had a hsg scan don't know if that's the same... I was terrified after reading loads of stuff on line and was a nervous wreck on the day was even crying... felt stupid after as it was so simple, unpleasant but no pain. They inserted a speculum and put a catheter threw and put a saline solution through, they are scanning you at the same time, it was literally over in 2 mins and they can tell u the results there and then
Baileybree

Postby emilylou » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:34 pm

aw bailey enjoy your hols!!id say your dying for it now..id love a bit of sun!
aw glad you got on well mrsbb,everyone iv dealt with in the rotunda has been lovely.i had the sis done and its fine..they say you can take pain killers before its done but its just a tad uncomfortable,they give you a lovely big pad(more like nappy!)but just becareful i leaked through it!its just the liquid they use to flush through everything!
i am 100% on tissue watch at the moment!ugh but really what are the chances after all this time
emilylou

Postby Baileybree » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Where are you in your cycle Emily?
Baileybree

Postby emilylou » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 pm

12dpo bailey...nearly there now!
emilylou

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance