Longer term ttc #1

Questions, advice and support regarding medically assisted procreation. IVF and other assisted TTC methods.

Re: Longer term ttc #1

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:28 pm

I know you're right Flipper. It's hard to keep it in the moment. No, my thyroid is still underactive. Need more bloods done but it had actually worsened on last lot from previous lot :-( I'm on the meds a year in March I think it was? Maybe April. Feels like we're getting nowhere with it.

I would love to just say eff it, we're done. Wish I could switch it off. And I know we're lucky we did start early and had 3 kids. I feel awfully ungrateful moaning about wanting another one. My sister hints at such every now and then. That we have 3 so we should just be thankful for what we have. She's right I suppose.

Those are amazing stories about those women Flipper. Unbelievable. Really does give you hope.
MrsAmy

Postby Flipper23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm

It doesn't matter whether it's your first or last, you can't switch off the yearning. You have to be able to say "I did everything I could". You are still young MrsAmy, you have time so don't panic. I know it probably feels now like it will never happen but I really think it will.
Flipper23

Postby Flipper23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:15 pm

And you're more than entitled to moan. Don't let anyone tell you your situation isn't as hard as theirs just because you already have children. You cannot compare apples and oranges
Flipper23

Postby Baileybree » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Yes amy your feelings are just as valid as anyone else regardless of having zero or a million children....
Baileybree

Postby MrsAmy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks girls. I'd be lose without you. Just having a moany day. I rang the consultants office to see could I try change my appointment from 5th March to middle of Feb. Next af will be around 12th Feb so I'd be waiting another full cycle in between really if it's March. Feels good being proactive about it, it nothing else.
MrsAmy

Postby Baileybree » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm

That's it amy, keep pushing with them... sometimes u need to... the last day my doc says to me ' I can sense some impatience ' I thought 4 years waiting is hardly impatient... but he's nice so I kept that thought to myself
Baileybree

Postby Michelle81 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Sorry you're feeling down mrsamy. The feeling of disappointment is heart breaking every month and is so frustrating when you're doing everything right. I don't think situations should be compared, essentially we all want a family, regardless of the number. In fact, in a way it must be very difficult for you BECAUSE you have 3 kids already. Easy to question why it's not happening again. But...it will. I mean, even after all this time, we still think we might actually be pg every month. We test hoping for a bfp every month. So we still believe. And that has to account for something right?
Hope the scan goes well for you Monday flipper. Things are certainly moving in the right direction now.
How are you doing bail?
Michelle81

Postby brownie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Jaysus girls just had a blazing row with DH. Shouting match. The poor dog didnt know what way to look... Wouldnt mind only we had been getting on great. Twas all over TTC and me trying to be really good diet and lifestyle wise while he enjoys his drinks at the weekend. Jesus. Am I being irrational? Probably.
brownie

Postby Baileybree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:27 am

Michelle, that was lovely, it's so true it's hope that keeps us going. How r u?!

Brownie, so sorry you've had an argument with dh, ttc is such massive pressure on both people that it definitely can blow up from time to time. When things calm down apologise and explain why u acted the way u did... Both of u have been through so much and both of u have to make sacrifices... I do think an odd few drinks is ok, maybe compromise where he just stops drinking the week leading up to ov?!
Baileybree

Postby brownie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Oh I know Bailey, I suppose really it wasn't particularly only going to the pub that got me. So I was on my own (well I had the dog) and on the phone to my mum when something started banging outside, sounded like gunshots or something backfiring. So I assumed it was maybe something electrical but I was shaking so too afraid to check! So was standing in the hallway and it happened again and even my mum on the phone was like wtf was that, are u sure all doors are locked?! So it sounded like noise was defo inside house but it was so bloody loud and I suppose being night time it just felt more scary.
So I tried DH on phone and couldnt get him so rang the friend he was with. Now I have NEVER done that before. He said he was only going for an hour anyways so I was expecting him back any minute but I just said please don't leave it too late theres something banging in the house and Im petrified! So an hour and a half later he arrived home. Like FFS, I thought it was just really selfish and mean to be honest. So then the row turned into a TTC row just because I was so cross. Oh god girls Im boring ye im sorry!! Think the noise might have been our neighbour shooting rabbits right outside our back yard. Don't ask!! But I think gunshots at night are a reason to be scared especially at nightime when u don't know what it is. DH said i overreacted.
Ah even if ye never read this feels good to have it off my chest!!!
brownie

Postby Flipper23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Brownie you didn’t overreact. You asked him to come home you were scared! I’d be the exact same and I’d probably have packed DH’s bags by time he got home an hour and half later!!!!!!
Flipper23

Postby brownie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Ha Flipper the thought did cross my mind!!! Oh jesus I was spitting fire by the time I was finished with him... but also i said some really hurtful and mean things so I really should apologise I guess...
brownie

Postby MrsAmy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Another bfn. Af due today but no sign so I'm guessing Clomid has pushed it out again. Sigh. Added on 2 days last cycle so I'm guessing Monday.

Brownie I'd have killed him! I'm a total scaredy cat at the best of times though. And I certainly wouldn't be apologising until he did. An hour and a half. >:-/ I'd probably still have been ranting for an hour and a half if it were me. Hehe
MrsAmy

Postby sassychick13 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 pm

1.5 hours I would of found that gun and used it on him when he got home. Cheeky begger couldn't blame u for getting worked up.

So sorry Mrs Amy xx have a glass of vino
sassychick13

Postby Baileybree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Don't beat yourself up brownie, u we're scared and alone, I would've done the same thing... he probably had a few drinks and lost track of time... Hope you've made up now and are enjoying your wknd...

Already getting nervous for the hysteroscopy next Friday. I have some xanax at home that I've been prescribed for panic attacks so will definitely be using them... I was so anxious for my hsg that I ended up crying on the table... it was more a build up of emotion than fear but embarrassing none the less...

I've been doing up a spare room as a dressing room to keep my mind occupied, got all of the painting done today and will be hanging the wallpaper tomorrow, it's such a lovely distraction
Baileybree

Postby Dotty37 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Brownie don't feel bad about being angry, I would have done exactly the same thing! I think I posted something very similar a few months ago. It can be very frustrating when the lads are out enjoying themselves and were at home trying our hardest to be healthy and good. Hope your talking again now.
Bailey I know any surgery is daunting but it will be over with quickly and you will have lots of info on the uterus and tubes too. I wouldnt recommend taking xanax when you go on for the hysterscopy, you with have a general anaesthetic for it and your not supposed to take anyrhing before that, it might interfere with the anaesthetic. You won't feel a thing and you will have a good sleep!
Dotty37

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Oh brownie I'd be raging too! I prob still wouldn't be talking to him! I def think ttc is never far fron tge mind and can cause tiffs over all sorts.Hope you're starting to feel a bit better about it now.
Bailey live the idea if doing a dressing room. Try to find some nice things for it now and spend some time dollying it up so you might be distracted for the week
Michelle81

Postby brownie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Ha thanks girls, we're back to being friends again for the moment! Bailey it will be over before you know it xx you'll have to post a pic of dressing room when its done! Michelle ya ttc is always there. Even when you not talking about it you end up talking (or fighting) about it!
brownie

Postby Baileybree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Dotty I'll be awake, it's just a 10 min procendure where a camera/ catheter is put in through the cervix so I'm sure it'll just feel like smear test (hopefully)... going to leave work for it and go straight back after...
Baileybree

Postby Dotty37 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:37 pm

That's grand Bailey nice to not have the general anaesthetic, u might be a bit crampy afterwards just mind urself. U Have a unique situation where u will be able to see the camera and ask the consultant questions!!!
Dotty37

PreviousNext

Return to TTC with Assistance