Our Commitment to User Privacy
Sharing information with advertisers or other third parties
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Unless required by law we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was obtained and in accordance with this policy. This includes names and e-mail addresses.
If you have given us permission to do so, we may contact you from time to time with information on newly added features, news, expert tips and relevant wedding professional special offers. You may opt out of any future e-mails by using the unsubscribe link provided in each email.
Your forum posts
Please remember that anything you post in the site discussion forums is public and is visible to anyone visiting those website pages. You may wish to use a pseudonym rather than your real name when creating your username.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
– Information which you provide on registering with us (such as your name and email address);
– Information which you provide as part of your forum profile;
– Information which you post;
– Information which you otherwise provide to us (for example, by email); and
– Information which relates to your use of the site generally (such as records of posts that you make).
When you visit our website technical details of each visit are logged for statistical purposes. These include:
– The IP address of the computer used;
– The previous website from which a visitor reached us;
– Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around the site; and
– Details of the type of web browser and operating system used.
What we do with this information and when it may be disclosed to third parties
We require this information for the operation of the sites, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use or disclose your information for the following reasons:
– We may use this information for the provision of the sites, our service, our administration, record keeping and resolution of disputes;
– We may use this information for displaying your public profile (including any ratings, reviews or comments) on our sites;
– We may use this information, with your permission only, to contact you for marketing purposes;
– We may use this information for technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints;
– We may use this information to deal with cases of illegal activity, abuse or harassment;
– We may transfer this information to enable an external auditor to verify our traffic figures;
– We may transfer this information to the seller, buyer or assignee of any business or assets related to the sites;
– We may disclose this information where required by law to do so;
– We may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate; and
– We may disclose this information where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of ourselves or of a third party.
Anonymous and aggregated data
We may aggregate data in an anonymous manner for disclosure to advertisers or business associates for promotion and marketing purposes. In such an event we will ensure that no such data could be used to personally identify you.
Outside providers and embedded objects
From time to time we may partner with an external provider or an advertiser to provide other services, for example we may ask an external company to carry out a survey or to run a competition. If any personal information is required you will be advised beforehand.
Mrs2be.ie and Mum2be.ie may also contain some other embedded objects such as images or videos which come from other web sites. Those sites do not have access to identifying personal details of users such as usernames or email addresses. These other sites maintain their own policies regarding cookies and the collection and use of personal information. It is the responsibility of the user to review these policies for themselves.
Viewing and controlling your personal information
You can see, review and change your personal information by logging on to the sites at any time. Alternatively contact us at email@example.com. Please note that to protect the privacy of your account we may require further information to verify your identity before revealing any personal information to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure and so that we cannot tell what it is. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstances will anyone affiliated with us or any third party legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the I forgot my password feature provided by the software. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your email, and then the software will generate a new password to reclaim your account and email it to you.
In order to provide you with the full functionality of the site it is necessary to place cookies on your computer to enable you to post messages and to keep track of what pages you have visited. You may choose to modify your browser preferences to reject cookies in this case, however, you may find yourself unable to access certain features of the site which are limited to registered users. Unless you choose otherwise, we will use only temporary session cookies (which are deleted at the end of each session on the site) and not persistent cookies. For more information on cookies and how to delete or control them see http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Further information on your privacy rights
Further information on your privacy rights is available on the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner: http://www.dataprivacy.ie.
Last updated 29 September 2011