Join for Free

Wedding Forums

Welcome to Ireland's Favourite Wedding Community

New Year - New Fitness Journal...join in!!

Re: New Year - New Fitness Journal...join in!!

Unread postby ms-to-mrs » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 am

D DAY - trying on the dress tonight. I bought pull in nicks to see will they help. I've been pretty good this week. A few bleeps food wise but you can't be good all the time.

I've been doing a 20 min walk each lunch time and had Zumba monday. I've done another 30mins on the treadmill each evening as well. I'm going to have to up it though cos i'm getting used to it and not pushing myself. i'd love to do more Zumba but the classes can really add up money wise. Anyone know of pay per class zumba in Limerick?

ms-to-mrs
Fanatic Missie

Likes given: 27 times
Likes received: 31 times

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:04 pm

ms-to-mrs wrote:D DAY - trying on the dress tonight. I bought pull in nicks to see will they help. I've been pretty good this week. A few bleeps food wise but you can't be good all the time.

I've been doing a 20 min walk each lunch time and had Zumba monday. I've done another 30mins on the treadmill each evening as well. I'm going to have to up it though cos i'm getting used to it and not pushing myself. i'd love to do more Zumba but the classes can really add up money wise. Anyone know of pay per class zumba in Limerick?

I know going to classes helps, but there's DVD, WII and xbox games for the zumba, think i saw games for around 25-30 (play.com), only thing is getting up off the couch at home, but defo worth looking into it for that price....best of luck with dress tonight, you'll look fab
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Likes given: 22 times
Likes received: 67 times

Unread postby ms-to-mrs » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed

Dont worry about having a bad wk december2012, you've loads of time yet. We all get bad wks, you can't keep up with everything all the time and sometimes you just need a break. I was like that last wk. Just be determined to make nxt week better. x

ms-to-mrs
Fanatic Missie

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

thanks ms-to-mrs , that's what i'm hoping for ;)
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Unread postby MrsEL10 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm having a bad week too this week, not feeling great and weather is so cold
MrsEL10
Most Rational & Seasoned Missie 2011

Likes given: 94 times
Likes received: 446 times

Unread postby mrs kelly to be » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello everyone, I am getting married in October, me and my mum have only just started walking to try lose some weight before the BIG DAY :D we do it on a thursday and friday night when we drop my little sister to baton twirling, there is a great path along a 2.5 mile streach of road so we walk it up and back and to be honest u dont feel the walk too much as you are chatting. We said it to some of the other mums that have kids in the twirling class and some are really keen on joining us...the more the merrier its all motivation. feeling the burn this weekend in by back and my heels have blisters but as I am shopping for dresses I am keen to see some loss. I have a Kinect for the xbox too, it will be a workout in itself to get the fiance off it to get a go but that could be a great work out for during the week. This post is a great idea! keep up the good work missies :)

mrs kelly to be
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 14 times
Likes received: 12 times

Unread postby notlongtogo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:12 am

Had a mixed weekend this weekend, had a good day yesterday (40 mins football and an hour walk) but a very bad day saturday, did nothing! So back into now this week!

Welcome mrs kelly to be, that's a very good walk! You're right tho, it's def easier when there's someone doing it with you, i find since my h2b started doing gym with me i'm def more inclined to do it!

Anyone know if there is a zumba style game for the kinect??
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Likes given: 206 times
Likes received: 163 times

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 am

finally got back into the gym, monday night....felt great and very easy to go back this week...went and did couch to 5km, week2 day1, so walked and jogged about 30 mins, legs not sore so all good....skipped the abs class though but sure, there's a few classes on tonight i'm hoping to do,

how's everyone else getting on????

Oh a whiletogo...you can buy the zumba games for the kinect...
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Unread postby notlongtogo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks december2012, i must try and get one of those so!

I feel in a bit of slump this week, i did my walk monday and yest, and gym yest evening, but have to do wedding stuff this evening and tmw evening, so won;t get anything done! Feel like i'd like to lose a bit more weight now as well, but finding it hard to do! I'm at the stage where i've only maybe 6 or 7lbs i want to lose, and i suppose they're the hardest to lose!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:01 pm

awhiletogo, i know the feeling i just want to tone up rather than weight, those a few ounds would be nice to loose, but i know the feeling...the only thing i can say, is a break away from the gym is good at times, especially when you've other things going on....i think forcing the exercise wont work either, for me anyway it just wouldnt last, eating well and having your treats is the way to go, last year i ofund out that some dairy products didnt suit me, never even know that, sine i've stopped eating them i'm better, so just be careful to the advertising of a "Healthy" food.....some of them are full of rubbish...

anyway check out play.com for the zumba for the xbox, and maybe take a break tonight and maybe tmorrow and then get back into it for the weekend, treat yourself for doing so well so far, and then at the weekend, get back into it
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Unread postby ms-to-mrs » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm in a slump this week as well. I tried on my dress fri and it fits !!! :bounce
big thing cos there was no way it would close on me two months ago so I'm really proud. I want to loose a bit more though before the day and things have gone haywire this wk. I did nothing last wkend. my H2B was away on his stag,I took Monday off to spend with him ( we only get to see eachother at the weekends) so I did nothing that day, I ended up babysitting for my CBM last night so another night lost. my legs are even feeling stiff cos I haven't down anything in so long. i'm going to have to make a effort tonight and get back up on the treadmill.

Fecking men, all they have to do is get fitted for the suit, us women worry constantly about looking good in our dress, I do anyway...

Sorry i went off on a little rant there...

ms-to-mrs
Fanatic Missie

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 pm

mr-to-mrs...you should be very prowd of what you've done so far.....a few night away is no harm, you deserve it, dont forget that part of it, think of the positive things after your last few days, and tonight or even tomorrow go, well i've had a nice break, its time to get back into it.....
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Unread postby notlongtogo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks girls, i feel better now!
Yep, will enjoy my wedding stuff next couple of days and get back into it on friday!

ms-to-mrs, that's great news on your dress! :clapper You deserve your break!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Unread postby ms-to-mrs » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for all the support ladies. I was so afraid it wouldn't fit. I kept putting of loosing weight thinking I had loads of time then all of a sudden I only had six months to go. I found some pay as you go zumba classes so I'm happy out and fingers crossed I'll loose the last of the weight in the next few wks. I got a shock today when I saw my ticker. :yikes2

:smileybride

ms-to-mrs
Fanatic Missie

Unread postby MrsEL10 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:26 pm

I managed to walk this morning and yesterday morning even though it was so cold, I made myself go, not long of a walk but better than what i normally do which is train to bus to dart and then the same in the evening in reverse
MrsEL10
Most Rational & Seasoned Missie 2011

Likes given: 94 times
Likes received: 446 times

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Just back from the gym,C25K week2 day 2,then trx class...not bad
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Unread postby notlongtogo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

That's great december2012!
Back to it now this evening after a bit of a slump mid week. Altho i did get 15 minutes sort of stretching stuff done on wed, and 40 mins or so kinect in last night (and i got my wedding invitations sorted!!)
So this evening, 35 minute walk, and 30 mins gym, tmw 60-90 mins walk, then 40 mins football on sunday!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Wow, girls, well done!!!

Sorry I haven't been logging on at all in the last 2 weeks. I did 2 spin classes, a dance for the school concert three different times and two short runs with the Hubby in the last two weeks. not a lot but it all counts and it's better than nothing.

I was determined to go out today and do something so I did a 55 min run and took in a massive hill in there as well, then did a 25 min slow cool down on the bike.

I can't believe how well everyone has been doing and I'm so happy that you girls kept it going and I came back to reading so many good stories!!

And welcome to MrsKellytobe for joining in too and encouraging others to join you as well, that is great, keep it up!

And ms-to-mrs, fair play on the dress fitting. Thas a great effort from you to get the dress to fit in two months, that is amazing!

@MrsEL, fair play on getting out and walking because I know how hard it is to do when it's cold out. Well done!

Keep it up girls, you are doing so well.
Mrs Brideog
Most Diplomatic Missie 2011

Likes given: 81 times
Likes received: 117 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 pm

awhiletogo wrote:That's great december2012!
Back to it now this evening after a bit of a slump mid week. Altho i did get 15 minutes sort of stretching stuff done on wed, and 40 mins or so kinect in last night (and i got my wedding invitations sorted!!)
So this evening, 35 minute walk, and 30 mins gym, tmw 60-90 mins walk, then 40 mins football on sunday!

You are doing so so well, you have really committed 100%. Keep it up! :highfive
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm

december2012 wrote:Just back from the gym,C25K week2 day 2,then trx class...not bad

You too, you are playing a blinder!! What do you make of the TRX classes, I tried one! It was only 30 mins, kind of an introductory class. I'd say the full on 30 mins is killer.
Mrs Brideog

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Fitness