Join for Free

Wedding Forums

Welcome to Ireland's Favourite Wedding Community

New Year - New Fitness Journal...join in!!

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:03 pm

:bluewave Hi Missies,

here I go again starting another fitness journal. Whether your wedding is coming up this year and you wanna tone up for it or you've had your wedding and have fallen victim to the post-wedding munchies (and no fear of having to fit into a wedding dress anymore), this thread is for you...

Well, basically, it's to keep us all motivated to exercise this year. A new year is always a good time to start these things as people are full of motivation and too broke to go boozing every weekend in January. :knockback :knockback :lol:

Ok, so how does a fitness journal work?

Do:

Log in every time you do any exercising (running/walking/housework/mopping/hoovering or even the naughty thing :inbed if ya want :) ). Exercise includes any ACTIVITY you do that is worthwhile and even if it's only for 10 mins, it still counts. So make sure to log it all.

Don't:
Talk about FOOD.

Listing off everything you've eaten that day or talking about how you have been 'good' or 'bad' in relation to food takes the focus off the exercise. :cookingtime Hmmm, pancakes... see??

Anyway, so there we go. Those are the rules, pretty simple. I hope this will help to keep us all motivated in our pre- or post-wedding fitness plans. And rremember, some people are starting off from doing absolutely nothing and others are regular exercisers already - so don't get demotivated if you're not one of the missies who runs 6 miles everyday or not. Looking forward to hearing from you all....
Mrs Brideog
Most Diplomatic Missie 2011

Likes given: 81 times
Likes received: 117 times

Re: New Year - New Fitness Journal...join in!!

Unread postby bingowings » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm in, sign me up!!!

Didn't do much exercise over Christmas but was doing the 30 day shred before that. I'm back doing it now for the last four nights so I'm now officially logging 20mins every night for the last four nights!

I like the no food rule, great idea!

Thanks Mrs. Brideog
bingowings
Goddess Missie

Likes given: 29 times
Likes received: 163 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Yay!! :bounce :bounce

Look at you though, already logging 4 days of exercise in your first post! :lol: Well done! :highfive Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby Hailey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Oh im in.
Have done nothing in months!! Went for a little 20 min walk today, n feel great :)
Love my Hubby and Furbabies :) xxx

Hailey
Princess Missie

Likes given: 127 times
Likes received: 186 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Aw, brilliant! Getting out in the first place, especially after a long break is the hardest thing to do. So, well done! :highfive It's amazing how even a little bit of exercise can make you feel great.
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Ok, so just did an hour on the exercise bike. Wasn't going like the clappers or anything, just a steady 60 mins. That's something for today anyway. ;)
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby notlongtogo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Can i join in? I'm not til getting married til 2013, but i'm so slow at losing anything need to start and then start maintaining now!
I did 30 mins dog walking every day this week (mon -wed), and about 40 mins on the x box kinect last night also (most brilliant thing i ever bought, doesn;t feel like exercising and it's time spent with the child as well!)
I also like the no food discussion rule!!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Likes given: 206 times

Unread postby bingowings » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Nice one Mrs. Brideog!!!

Awhiletogo anyone can join in, the more the merrier. I've heard the kinect is supposed to be brilliant would love to give it a go!
bingowings
Goddess Missie

Unread postby notlongtogo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 pm

bingowings wrote:Nice one Mrs. Brideog!!!

Awhiletogo anyone can join in, the more the merrier. I've heard the kinect is supposed to be brilliant would love to give it a go!

Do Bingowings, i would highly recommend it! Just give yourself a good big space, esp if you're clumsy like me!!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Unread postby ravenrabbit » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:35 pm

im in, love it~Well done Brideog :clapper might keep me on the straight n narrow~ Narrow been my waist!!! :rofl i did a 2mile walk today & i am weigh in at 6 in ww & gonna do a spinning class afterwards, trying to make up for the 3 wks of damage i did over xmas!!!! new day now tho n gonna work like a mofo :crackwhip 9 wks to the D Day n counting :justarried2

i used the wii alot as well Active 2 its brill, heard about the kinnets too, totally need loadsa space for this too, i am very clumsy :meh too

ravenrabbit
Most Missed Missie 2011

Likes given: 65 times
Likes received: 61 times

Unread postby Hailey » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm

I am going to borrow the neighbour wii fit in a bit n see how i get on :) Fair play to ya mrs brideog, my ass would be killing me if i did 5 mins on a bike!!
Love my Hubby and Furbabies :) xxx

Hailey
Princess Missie

Likes given: 127 times
Likes received: 186 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Aw, well done girls!! Did about a 2 mile walk with IRTF earlier. Mind you, we did stop off in mine for tea but still, it was about 2 miles in total! :lol:

Awhiletogo, of course you can join in! As Bingowings said, the more the merrier and that's some good exercise you did too! Well done! I did the Wii Active for a while, great for the squats and everything. I remember the first time I did it, it killed me to even sit down on the toilet. :feelingflushed Hey, finally found a use for the toilet smilie! :lol:

And go you Ravenrabbit, that is great. You're really motivated. Keep up the exercise and you are going to have to get your dress taken in. ;) :smileybride
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby bingowings » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Right did my 20 mins level 3, 30 day shred tonight. I'm also counting the shopping I did after work...I swear to god that trolley was possessed, it gave my arms a really good work out anyway!
bingowings
Goddess Missie

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:09 pm

:lol: Those trollies are actually hard work. I can't manage them at all with my puney arms, I get DH to do it!! :lol:

Fair play to you. I'd say level 3 is pretty tough. That's some good going!
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby notlongtogo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:09 am

Well done girls! So last night i did a 45 minute walk and have made a plan with the h2b this morning to do 30 mins in the gym together every tuesday and thursday (as he weighed himself this morning and has put on half a stone over christmas!)
So the plan now is: at least 30 mins walk every day, 30 mins gym tues and thurs, 1 hour kinect wed and fri and 40 mins football on sunday.
We'll see how it goes!! 18 months til the wedding today so good motivation!!

p.s. Mrs Brideog, well done also managing to use the toilet smiley!!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Unread postby Mistletoe12 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:14 am

hey everyone, great idea here...may it continue..my story is i tore ligaments in my right ankle a few months back, stopped all exercise then - great excuse :oops: so before christmas then because of right doggy ankle, i hurt my left ankle, but i wasnt letting it beat me, so christmas morning i decided to go for a little jog, did the couck to 5 k before, so tried doing week 2, which is 90seconds run and then walking, mix of them for 20 mins.....well let just say both ankles were swollen, wont be doing that for a while, was hoping to do the 10km (walking and jogging) in april, that's out the window....so on a positive note, i'm going to the hotel this evening to get a program for fitness - swimming etc i've started to use a stepper i have, 10 mins each the last 2 nights, less impact on the ankles, still i wee bit sore but think i need to build up the muscles...so bring it on......best of luck everyone...sorry for the load off
Mistletoe12
Goddess Missie

Likes given: 22 times
Likes received: 67 times

Unread postby Mallow » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:11 am

What is this thing Excercise you speak of??? I have never heard of it :D Right I'll be lil miss useless of the group, I'm full of good intentions but useless for carrying them through! But I'll give it a go as I have to look stunning for Ravenrabbit's wedding and my sil's wedding in the summer :)

What is the 30 day shred? Am I living in the dark ages? It's a dvd or fitness plan for home? That might suit me, I live basically in the country, well a small village, it's fine in the summer but now it gets dark so early it's a balls as it has country roads with no paths, there is a lovely walk (again alot of no paths) but too lonely for winter alone so a home thing would suit me down to the ground.

I ragin with myself, I went all guns blazing last year, lost almost a stone and a half but toned alot, I felt great for hen/wedding and then it all went out the window after hm, I don't have much to lose, maybe a stone and I'd be chuffed or half a stone with alot of toning.

RIGHT GIRLS WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! GO TEAM (Just thought I'd add that in as Motivating Missie :lol: - not when it comes to excercise, just aswell we're not allowed list what we ate or i would defo live up to longest answer too :lol: )
Mallow
Longest Answer/Most Motivating Missie 2011

Likes given: 2 times
Likes received: 160 times

Unread postby ph » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:47 am

One of the best pieces of advice I ever heard about how to start exercising is to pick a day each week that you are going to commit to exercising for the rest of your life and stick to it no matter what. That's how I started losing weight a year and a half ago. I was 20 and a half stone then and if I listened to all of the "fitness" advice out there (for instance, that you're wasting your time unless you exercise three times a week, etc.), then I never would have gotten started.
Exercise is something you can get to enjoy and integrate into your daily life for the rest of your life (not just to look good on the big day), but you'll only enjoy it if you start slowly and begin to ENJOY it. That's the real key to it - it must be something that you enjoy - otherwise you'll never stick to it.
So if I could offer any advice to awhiletogo I would say - ask yourself, are you going to stick to that schedule long-term - for the rest of your life. If not, my advice would be to re-evaluate your plan.
As for me, I am now going to the gym four days a week and loving it and I have lost 5 and a half stone in the process, but for me, the goal wasn't to lose the five and a half stone - my goal was to be healthy for the rest of my life - the weight loss was just a side effect.
ph
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 0 time
Likes received: 0 time

Unread postby notlongtogo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:02 am

A half a stone or a stone would do me grand too Mallow, and i was also wondering what 30 day shred is too?? (but i forgot to ask cos i was too busy rabbiting on about my exercise plan!!). Thanks also for the motivation!

December 2012, poor you, ankle sounds sore! I have a weak ankle which twists if you look at it, so i feel your pain! But fair play on getting round it via swimming etc!!
notlongtogo
Princess Missie

Unread postby ravenrabbit » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am

Well did my walk, did class & weigh in at ww~ i was up a pound~ that was after 3 wks of drinking n eating, i nearly did a naked dance there n then :bounce :bounce :bounce i thought it wud be 3 or 4 i was very bad over xmas like....so happy days~ so down 21 lbs n mad for more~today is a new day~ going to 45 min active work out, shake this ass into gear :crazy ps. laughing at d image of u bingo wings with that trolley :lol: i always seem to pick those trolleys too :D

Ps. go Mallow~ u will be stunning anyway~ u can do it~defo the dvd will suit you n ur mucker like style down to the ground~ country girl now.... i think u will make a grt moviation leader with brideog:D

ravenrabbit
Most Missed Missie 2011

Likes given: 65 times
Likes received: 61 times

Next

Return to Health & Fitness