Wedding Forums

Welcome to Ireland's Favourite Wedding Community

Weddings Abroad 2012 - new to site help

Weddings Abroad 2012 - new to site help

Postby WK » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:43 pm

HI ALL, I JUST GOT ENGAGED AND WE ARE LOOKING TO DO A FAIRLY SPEEDY TURN AROUND. GETTING MARRIED NEXT SUMMER WE DEFINITELY WANT TO GO ABROAD WITH JUST 15 PEOPLE. THINKING EITHER SOUTH OF FRANCE OR CROATIA. GOOD FOOD, DRINK FLOWING AND THE CHANCE FOR SOME DANCING OR MUSIC AS WE DON'T JUST WANT A QUIET MEAL FOR 15. PLEASE HELP I HAVE NO IDEA AND ANY VENUE SUGGESTIONS MOST WELCOME.
WK
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 0 time
Likes received: 1 time

Re: Weddings Abroad 2012 - new to site help

Postby bingowings » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi I'm not getting married abroad but just wanted to welcome you to the site :bluewave.

Plenty of missies here getting married abroad so I'm sure you'll get loads of great advice.
bingowings
Goddess Missie

Likes given: 29 times
Likes received: 163 times

Postby wuzzles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:35 pm

A fair few of the travel agents carry brochures now for wedding abroads such as Thomas Cook and Concorde. Heffernans travel now do a wedding service too

http://www.heffernansweddingsabroad.ie/

if not google is the best way of gathering info, look for wedding planners for france, croatia etc. also the wedding abroad forums are a great way of picking up tips if you scroll threw past ones
wuzzles
Addicted Missie

Likes given: 40 times
Likes received: 95 times

Postby mrsbyrne2b » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Congratulations!!! :clapper :clapper i am in the same situation myself!!! I am 30 next year and would love to get married next year! the only problem is deciding on 'the list' :( i don't want all the fuss of a wedding at home, last count we had 342 :shock: i have looked into Nerja in spain which looks glorious and have emailed http://www.nerjaweddingsbysonya.com/ and she seems really nice and the reviews on here just rave about her!!! :clapper Would love to get married in Nerja with just parents and siblings!!! Keep me informed as to how you get on!! this site is excellent i am addicted :D :D
mrsbyrne2b
Newbie Missie

Likes received: 0 time

Postby c-dmc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Hello all,

Croatia is great for having a small wedding.. its not so expensive especially if you come just before high season.. another great thing! you can rent a very nice villa for a week where all of your guests can stay..There are plenty of venues, all depends on your budget.. in Dubrovnik they have a very nice place on the island- private restaurant where you can have a lovely dinner with wine and band or dj.. its something really special.. let me know if you are interested and I can give you more details..
c-dmc
Newbie Missie

Postby lagoslover » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:55 pm

A very nice place for a small wedding abroad is the Algarve in Portugal, we are having our wedding there next June in Lagos with 30 approx guests. We have sourced a fab venue with the help of a lovely wedding planner in Portugal, we met her here in Dublin last Jan as they were doing a roadshow and they are back again in Nov so if you still need any more info just let me know and I will give you all the details...
lagoslover
Newbie Missie

Postby pauline » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi

I am due to mary in portugal this year. I have just got back from Alvor! love it love it love it!
Our wedding planner Rebecca must be sick of us by now. I speak with her more than my h2b haha.
I truly recommend it anyone! Beautiful place, beautiful food. Lovely people.
If anyone wants any of the contacts i got from my visit just pm me. oooo and i cant forget to share
my wedding planner. www.algarveweddingsbyrebecca.com
I have just emailed her and said she should advertise on here too. hahaha. im sure she will dread my emails soon.

Hope you all have fab weddings xxx
pauline
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 2 times

Postby lagoslover » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Pauline,
Yes Alvor is lovely heading that direction in 2 weeks time for 5 nights to wrap up a few things before we head there end of May for our wedding in June. When are you getting married?
Cheers.
M
lagoslover
Newbie Missie

Postby pauline » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi M

We get married in September. Seems so far away!
Where abouts in Lagos are you getting married?
pauline
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 2 times

Postby lagoslover » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:55 am

Hi Pauline.
Where are you getting married in Alvor, not very familiar with Alvor as we always to to Lagos but we have been in Alvor and intend going there this time someday.
lagoslover
Newbie Missie

Postby lagoslover » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Pauline.
This is my 3rd time to ask you where in Alvor you are getting married is it top secret?
lagoslover
Newbie Missie

Return to Say Hello and Welcome :)