Wedding Forums

Welcome to Ireland's Favourite Wedding Community

Newlywed fitness journal!! Join in!! :D

A place for newly married Missies to hang around. The advice, encouragement and support they can offer newbies is priceless!

Newlywed fitness journal!! Join in!! :D

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 pm

:bluewave Hi all,

right, we had a thread about who put on weight after the wedding for various reasons (not having to worry about fitting into a dress, not stressing out about wedding plans anymore, etc.)

Now, this thread is not about diet or weightloss or scales, but pure, good ole' hardwork!! I hate dieting, tried it once and lost loads of weight but ended up putting it all back on and then some. It was exercise that got me in shape in the first place and made me proud of my wedding pics. It has also helped me maintain my weight, so I thought an exercise journal for missies might take our focus off the negativities of the scales and diets and focus more on what we proactively do.

So, if any of you missies (Newlyweds or not) want to add your daily/weekly/monthly exercise achievements here (whether it's walking/housework/spinning/jogging/running/cycling/30day shred etc.) then feel free! :D Remember, it all adds up!!

So, here is my entry for today and yesterday:

I had no energy to exercise today after such a long day but I was wrecked yesterday and I forced myself to go to a step class in my gym. I was glad I did it. Hoping to do a push 'n' lift (weight training) class and/or step class again tomorrow. Watch this space...

And feel free to add in your own achievements, I'm looking forward to hearing them! ;)
Mrs Brideog
Most Diplomatic Missie 2011

Likes given: 81 times
Likes received: 117 times

Re: Newlywed fitness journal!! Join in!! :D

Unread postby Mallow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Oh God I can see there being many contributions from me on this hun (unless exercising my jaws counts - does it??? :lol: ) But I did get loads of exercise today - taught my little girlie to cycle with no stabilisers yesterday and today so that meant I jogged a good 20 laps of the estate both days (a big achievement for us both as she is flying it) and then I dug the garden with hubby, like proper dug, cause we're getting rid of the grass and slabbing the lot so it was hard work. Now neither are real exercise but I was sweatin like a lunatic after it so I still feel good - do they count??? :)
Mallow
Longest Answer/Most Motivating Missie 2011

Likes given: 2 times
Likes received: 160 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Ehhhhh, they most definitely DO count! That is actually great exercise! Fair play to ya! :highfive

And if you were digging the garden like that, you are going to feel it tomorrow and then you'll know that that was REAL exercise! It's the best kind too because it doesn't feel like exercise! :bounce :bounce I really am impressed with ya! :D But as far as exercising your jaw :blahblah , that DOESN'T count! :lol:
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby MrsM2010 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

This is a great idea!!! Have gone up a dress size since we got married last year!!! So todays exercise- up and down stairs putting up the washing, stroll with friend planned for later on and going for swim tonight with hubbie!!
Just back from France and was impressed by their living- todays lunch was some freshly baked Lidl bread with a carrot salad- yummy!!!
Carrot salad- grated carrots with a dressing of white wine vinegar, olive oil, tumeric and ginger!
MrsM2010
Princess Missie

Likes given: 22 times
Likes received: 42 times
Other Half: mr2bemon

Unread postby MrsEL10 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:17 pm

I intended to have a walk this morning but woke up full of a cold so got the dart to work instead :(
MrsEL10
Most Rational & Seasoned Missie 2011

Likes given: 94 times
Likes received: 446 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Sorry you're not well MrsEL :( (that rhymes!! :D)! Hope you feel better soon. You are better taking the Dart if you are feeling like crap otherwise it'll take you longer to get better!

As for you MrsM, that was a great day for the oul' elbow grease! Fair play to ya!! :highfive Did you go on the swim with your hubbie??

True to my word, and even though I got about 6 hours sleep last night and had a long, hard day in work, I managed to pluck up the energy to go to my Push n Lift class and the beginner's step class that was on after it. Legs were like jelly after the first class so I took the next class on a medium step and lowered my own intensity (and it was for 45 mins instead of the usual 60 mins). It was a good start back. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey!! :D

I have a wedding to go to on Friday so really looking forward to that so my exercise there will be dancing my ass off :bounce and drinking copious amounts of alcohol. :happyfriday But hey, this thread is about exercise, not calories! :smokin

Thanks for adding your imput missies. Let's try and keep this one going! :cool
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby florence09 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:42 am

This is a great idea! Just on my final few days of honeymoon. Way too many cocktails and food so will be joining Yous on monday when unfortunately I have to come back to reality!
florence09
Addicted Missie

Likes given: 28 times
Likes received: 37 times

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 pm

We'll be waiting on you!! ;) :D
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby MrsM2010 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey !! Yeah got out last night and heading in for another swim tonight! first day back to work so exhausted!!
Looking forward to the swim tonight and am vegging out tomorrow, doing a tv catch up! Then swim and cinema on saturday.
Been good food wise today. Salad for lunch and turkey stir fry for dinner! Sandwich tomorrow- exciting stuff!
Hope Mrs EL you're feeling better!
MrsM2010
Princess Missie

Likes given: 22 times
Likes received: 42 times
Other Half: mr2bemon

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Good for you going on your swim: :highfive You're right to have your breaks though cos it prevents the burnout.

My muscles in my ass and quads are KILLING me today after my workouts last night. :lol: When I bend down to pick something up I'm like a ninety year old granny!!! :rofl

I didn't do my run today because my friend didn't bring her gear in. Ah well!!
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby MrsEL10 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Am doing OK today thanks girls still there but think a bit better - must be sinuses as it's in my nose and behind my eyes so it's hard when working on the computer all day

You're all doing well :)

I find it hard to get much exercise as i leave at 7am to get train and by the time I have dinner in the evening it's half eight or nine so what i try and do is walk instead of get dart but the weather has been crap lately. I need to get back into it
MrsEL10

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 pm

I go straight from work because I find it too hard to go out again once I'm home. Great idea walking instead of the dart - it's a nice way to fit it in! Horrible having bad sinuses - makes you just wanna cut your nose off even though that wouldn't help. Literally cut your nose off to spite your face!! :rofl :rofl
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby MrsEL10 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah literally :lol:

And i keep rubbing my eyes too but that probably makes it worse not better

With such a long day already i'm not in any mood for exercise when i get home (well except one kind does that count :lol: ) so i try and walk a bit even get out one stop earlier on dart and walk that bit - every bit counts
MrsEL10

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:20 pm

You dirty thing!! ;) :lol:

EVERY bit counts, the wee walks and the dirty thing! :lol: :lol:
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby MrsEL10 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Well it's exercise right :lol:
MrsEL10

Unread postby florence09 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Well back to reality today, after spending the last month on honeymoon. Trying my best to eat healthy but gonna give myself a few days before I get back to the exercise routine!
florence09
Addicted Missie

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:02 pm

It's so hard to go back after the honeymoon, isn't it! I'm only just getting back at it now really. Having a wedding & honeymoon ahead of you is such huge motivation and it's so hard now. Only thing is, I have my new Newlywed Fitness Journal to keep me on my toes. Did a one hour push n lift class and then an hour step class this evening so I'm happy with that!! What are your plans florence09?
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby florence09 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Just want to get back into my regular exercise just feeling way to lazy at the minute- might give myself a few more days to try recover from the jet lag and then try get back into it!
florence09
Addicted Missie

Unread postby Mrs Brideog » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah, definitely. Jet-lag is a killer. Listen to your body - it'll tell you what it needs! ;)
Mrs Brideog

Unread postby florence09 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:59 pm

It's telling me to finish this glass of wine!!!
florence09
Addicted Missie

Next

Return to Newly Weds