Wedding Forums

Welcome to Ireland's Favourite Wedding Community

Groom's Suit Hire....Help!!!

Groom's Suit Hire....Help!!!

Postby pollyi2b » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:06 pm

:happywave Ladies, Im looking for a bit of help please h2b is looking to hire a normal modern grey suit with a waistcoat inside for him and his 3 groom's men the problem is every shop he goes to around the midland where we live only do the normal tails and he is just not that kinda guy. Im wondering if anyone can help me help him here cos as all men he has not got much patience for shopping and getting him going looking takes a lot of effort. If anyone knows anywhere around the midlands or down around galway or mayo as groomsmen are all down around there and logistically it wud be easier to get them all suited and booted down there!!! Im attaching a pic of the kinda suit he is looking for.......any help greatly appreciated!!!
Attachments
light grey lounge suit.jpg
pollyi2b
Major Missie

Likes given: 13 times
Likes received: 28 times

Re: Groom's Suit Hire....Help!!!

Postby BluefishJD » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 am

:bluewave Could not agree more with your H2B - I am not into the tails either and am going for just a normal, modern well tailored suit - Living in the West of Ireland I have been taking a look around just to see what's out there - I found a couple of places in Ballina Co. Mayo - A place called Gavins Menswear have an array of suit's with and without tails - also check out this place in Galway - Corless Menswear and their site is... http://www.galwaysuithire.ie . Another thing to keep in mind - at the moment there is fantastic deals on suits and this option of buying might be one I go for as I am only having one groomsman (My bestman) so I'd only have the expense of two suits (Mine and His) and also more variety by going down this route as there is more styles and fittings rather than typical wedding gear and one of the shops have said they'd even give me further discount if I buy the two (at the moment the cost is €199 for one and in most places I have checked out to hire a wedding suit is €120/€150 so for that extra money you get a suit that's well fitted, in a style you like and best of all can keep for future occassions? -
Also if he doesn't like going into shops etc why not check out some of the websites that missies here go to get their wedding dresses or bridesmaid dresses most say like lightinthebox.com have a mens formal wear section and can all be done from the comfort of your own home
hope this helps - best of luck with continued planning!
BluefishJD
Best Mister Missie 2011

Likes given: 113 times
Likes received: 83 times

Postby Virginia Woolf » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Theres a place in Athlone called McGorisks.Worth checking out hun. Also Bluefish might be right. there are some great deals to be had buying suits and its gonna cost at least €80 to hire one anyway.

Virginia Woolf
Goddess Missie

Likes given: 39 times
Likes received: 111 times

Postby grogmg » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Have you tried debenhams? http://www.debenhams-formalhire.com/offerWedding.php5

I know its there UK site, but the roi shops hire aswell!
grogmg
Princess Missie

Likes given: 32 times
Likes received: 74 times

Postby alternativemrs2b » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:11 pm

There is a shop in Roscommon town called Edward Donnellans that could be worth checking out, he had a stand at a wedding fair I was at recently

alternativemrs2b
Junior Missie

Likes given: 18 times
Likes received: 10 times

Postby Oliveoyl » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Both of my places have been suggested already but would def recommend either Galvins for Men in Mullingar and Tullamore, and also Donnellans in Roscommon. We found the lady in Galvins so helpful, suits were fab with lots of choice. Donnellans had nice suits too and seem to have a good deal: €99 per suit incl shirt, socks and cuff links which you can keep. All the normal suits you want are available in both. Good luck :)
Oliveoyl
Regular Missie

Likes given: 16 times
Likes received: 19 times

Postby pollyi2b » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for all your help guys. Have checked out a few of them already but will deffo check out the rest mentioned. Just wanted to say to bluefish jd thats for your reply and its good to see a few men on this site & hear your wedding opinions aswell
pollyi2b
Major Missie

Likes given: 13 times
Likes received: 28 times

Return to General Wedding Discussion