Unread postby nearlyamrs » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:53 pm

yeah i think so..
nearlyamrs
Super Missie

Likes given: 1 time
Likes received: 5 times

Re: Ray D'Arcy talking about cash wedding gifts

Unread postby im married » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 am

:o thats so rude to do that. and to state the amounted wanted! :o did this girl only get married to make a profit?? if people wish to give us a present i will be happy with ever we get(even if it is a teabag!)

mommybear love what you are putting on your invites, thats a lovely idea.

im married
Supreme Missie

Likes given: 280 times
Likes received: 388 times

Unread postby cw2bab » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:38 am

omg just seen this topic and omg do you no all the places iv booked said to me that id want to get with the time because everyone is doing a wish list were there guest pay off their suppliers me and h2b have said from the start that we wanted to pay for this ourselves and that we didnt want a present off them.. My sil2b and bro our saying on there invites that they have a house and have everything for it and that they would prefer money.. My mam wont invite any friends because she is so embarrassed bout this..
cw2bab
Duracell Missie

Likes given: 22 times
Likes received: 131 times

Unread postby im married » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:12 pm

i was getting the same cw2bab regarts the wedding list, and i think its very unfair and it puts people under stress, cas they might feel like the need to go for all the expensive stuff cas you woud know how much the spent on your present. there is no point in having a wedding if you dont have the money to pay for it.

im married
Supreme Missie

Unread postby cw2bab » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm

I :iagree i have to say that there is not many people that do give money like when my sister got married it cost her 20,000 and she only got 3,500 in cash presents not that she was unhappy bout this she just stated that not many people do give money. I honestly dont care I know that im haven my perfect day and thats all that matters..
cw2bab
Duracell Missie

Likes given: 22 times
Likes received: 131 times

Unread postby mrs smurf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 pm

i actually don't understand how someone would have the cheek to put that on their invites. so if someone only gives them 100 do they hand it back because its not up to their standards :lol:
we've been told by family and friends their going to give us money as presents because we have the house and everything we need but me and h2b want to be able to pay off the wedding without even thinking bout any of that so if on the day we got no money it wouldnt affect us! ive never even given 200 as a wedding present how can someone just expect that is beyond me im in shock!!
mrs smurf
Golden Missie

Likes received: 23 times

Unread postby im married » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

i gave my sis 200 alright but i was moh and with her buying my dress and everything, i didnt feel like i had to but i wanted too(and i could afford it)

my sis will be my moh but im not expecting anything like that cas i know she wont be able to afford it as she is a stay at home mom and her hubby is in the building trade and there isnt alot of work around......but i dont care, just want her there for me.

im married
Supreme Missie

Unread postby mrs smurf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm

i think family is different though! ive only one brother and he still lives at home with my parents so i havent had to even think of a wedding present for him yet. and probably won't for many more years :lol:
it makes it an extremely expensive day out if your giving that much money as a present and then booking a room getting hair make up and tan done and thats even if you recyle a dress currently in your wardrobe! wow i wanna know what kinda money these people are earning to afford that as a present :lol:
mrs smurf
Golden Missie

Likes received: 23 times

Unread postby im married » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:40 pm

i know i want there jobs what ever they are! :lol: :lol:

for verything you could betalkin 200-300 and then to give a present of 200 is just madness. and to expect it too :o :nobadtalk

im married
Supreme Missie

Unread postby sunshine » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:11 pm

One of the girls I know booked her wedding when she was in debt already from buying her house, she actually booked her wedding on the basis that she was going to get cash gifts and that these would cover off some of the costs of the wedding :shock: . Madness if you ask me as she got no where near the amount of cash she was expecting and ended up getting a load of presents. She is now still paying off the debts on her credit cards and the loan she had to take out to cover the wedding and her wedding was over a year ago. We tried to tell her at the time she wouldn't get that much cash but she wouldn't listen and as a result is now up to her eyes in debt terrible.. :roll:
sunshine
Addicted Missie

Likes received: 22 times

Unread postby im married » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:12 pm

why would someone do that? its just madness

im married
Supreme Missie

Unread postby sunshine » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Tell me about it she wouldn't listen to any of us and I wouldn't mind but we were telling her this as we were all already married so we knew from experience what way things would go. some people I tell you :furious ah well she only has herself to blame for being so in debt I really find it hard to feel sorry for people like that, that go into things with their eyes open. :o
sunshine
Addicted Missie

Unread postby im married » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:27 pm

wonder if she thinks it was worth it now

im married
Supreme Missie

Unread postby sunshine » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:37 pm

I honestly think she doesn't regret it as she is the type that always wanted to be married every fella she went out with she viewed as a potential husband so it could have been anyone waiting for her at the top of the aisle once she had her day out and wore her white dress. I think she lost the run of herself but she is always moaning about money now. Myself and the rest of the girls have given up now and don't want to listen to her any more as she got herself into this situation and had the huge wedding inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry off her mothers road when she clearly couldn't afford it. Some brides really do loose the run of themselves.
sunshine
Addicted Missie

Unread postby Bride0310 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Blimey.... bit silly of her alright! MABS would love to get their hands on her i'd say!
Bride0310
Princess Missie

Likes received: 17 times

Unread postby im married » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:00 pm

kinda feel sorry for her, if she was my friend i would have prob killed her but in a way i feel sory for her.

im married
Supreme Missie

Unread postby Bride0310 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 pm

i feel sorry for her too, thats like a second mini morgtage that she has taken out, just for one day! If she is so much in debt still though ith the wedding, why isn't her husband helping to clear some of it, or did he contribute already!
Bride0310
Princess Missie

Likes received: 17 times

Unread postby 086mummybear » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:52 am

I'm just finding it ridiculous that people out there are banking on getting a small fortune in cash gifts, and they think it'll pay off their wedding! :shock: Very naive if you ask me... if you do the number crunching and can't afford to have a massive wedding, then don't bloody have one!! :furious I think some girls are so caught up in the idea of the 'fairytale wedding' that they get carried away and can't see the reality staring them in the face! I think it's okay to aspire to bigger things, but you gotta be practical or it'll all end in tears... :(
Veteran Missie and mum of two little ones. Love my hubby, the most awesome understanding guy, couldn't do this thing called life without him. :D
086mummybear
Queen Missie

Likes given: 115 times
Likes received: 121 times

Unread postby sunshine » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 pm

:iagree mummybear she wasn't practical at all and thats why she owes a fortune no point having 200 guests at your wedding if you can't afford to really have them there. :? Her husband is away working in England as he can't get work here but when he does come home and he has money saved(which he had a good few thousand the last time he came home) he spends his money on stupid things and doesn't clear any of the debt off. Madness. they are the sort of couple if they have any spare cash they don't put any aside for a rainy let alone pay of the debts they have. Its getting to the stage that none of the girls feel sorry for her anymore as she is probably in a better position then most of us as all our husbands are out of work. I really have to say I don't feel sorry for her anymore if she is that foolish with money she has to learn from her own mistakes.. Maybe I sound harsh but if you had to listen to her whine about money all the time you'd go mad too :dizzy
sunshine
Addicted Missie

Unread postby im married » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 am

ok the pitty i felt for her is now all gone when i read the sunshine. i cant belive they are so stupid with money.

im married
Supreme Missie

PreviousNext

Return to General Wedding Discussion