Join for Free

Wedding Forums

Welcome to Ireland's Favourite Wedding Community

alvor wedding

alvor wedding

Unread postby sineadhearty85 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi myself and my fiancé are planning on getting married in alvor Portugal next sept has any one planned their wedding without a wedding planner and if so how ?? thanks
sineadhearty85
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 0 time
Likes received: 0 time

Re: alvor wedding

Unread postby roughcutdiamond » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Sinead we’re also organizing the wedding without a planner, have visited the Algarve last April after having contacted several venues and suppliers in the area, so far have a pre-booking at Canico restaurant and Monte das Alagoas both in Alvor, haven’t decided for a definite venue yet but leaning towards Canico restaurant our group ain’t that big therefore looking for an intimate place to hold the wedding. I’m sure if you do a search online you’ll be able to find more venues in Alvor and you can always contact them for further info as prices will depend on how many guests you’re expecting, also you’ll be able to find enough suppliers promoting their business online, have pre-booked a female photographer (sam7) after checking several ones but thought her style appealed more to us than the other photographers, for music have pre-booked Double Cocktail band for the whole day including their DJ service, we checked their videos online and these are simply brilliant, for flowers we are in contact with a florist called suzannah she’s also great and quick on coming back to e-mails. Let me know if you need any further help. Good luck x
roughcutdiamond
Newbie Missie

Unread postby sineadhearty85 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Thank you for your help we are looking at montedasalagos ,are you getting married in alvor or havin a civil ceremony ? Best of luck :)
sineadhearty85
Newbie Missie

Unread postby roughcutdiamond » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Yes we are getting married in Alvor but still in between 2 venues, monte das alagoas or canico rest although our preference goes to the restaurant we only have a small group, how many are you expecting? have spoken to bruno the owner of monte das alagoas when visited last April and he informed us the marquee can be divided in two for smaller groups unfortunately our number of guests still might be too small for that space although it looks such a lovely place to get married the only cons I found is there’s no sea view whilst the canico restaurant has a breathtaking view overlooking the beach…. simply unreal! We thought of doing the legal bit back home to avoid the hassle abroad, just a blessing... Have you done some research online regarding other venues around Alvor area and suppliers? Good luck x
roughcutdiamond
Newbie Missie

Unread postby MrsGee2be » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi Sinead,
I'm getting married in alvor sept next year.
Having the ceremony at senhora da rocha then reception at montes das alagoas.

I have pro booked Twin Flames but the hubby to be is not keen on them he'd prefer an actual band.
We are using a planner but i am doing a lot of research and planning.
Have you thought any more about it?
MrsGee2be
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 7 times
Likes received: 5 times

Unread postby sineadhearty85 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 am

Hi , have church in alvor booked , also have monte das alagos booked , the band we have picked are the bluff band its a 3 piece band very lively also can be looked up on facebook , suits both young and old ,any one have photographer links , cant believe its under 12 mnts away it ll just fly !!!
sineadhearty85
Newbie Missie

Unread postby roughcutdiamond » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi girls me and hubby ended up booking the Canico restaurant, in the beginning was thorn between Monte das alagoas and Canico but the last one has a breathtaking sea view and that was the reason we now booked it. Also have Double Cocktail for the music including their DJ they are simply fab! firstly had a pre booking on a girl called Sally from Sam7 photography but have now decided to look a bit further have contacted an irish guy based in the Algarve called Gary Walsh he seems to have done quite some weddings now waiting on him to come back, we are not having a videographer this will save us some money to use it on other aspects of the day, an uncle of ours will be doing the footage for us also having a blessing only no fuss with paperwork we will do the legal bit back home before heading to the Algarve. Have a question for you girls: is the pre-marriage course compulsory? completely blank on this x
roughcutdiamond
Newbie Missie

Unread postby sineadhearty85 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:41 pm

yes as far as I no it is needed
sineadhearty85
Newbie Missie

Unread postby MrsGee2be » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 pm

roughcutdiamond wrote:Have a question for you girls: is the pre-marriage course compulsory? completely blank on this x

We are having a civil ceremony and we do not need to complete a course, so our planner has informed us.
MrsGee2be
Newbie Missie

Likes given: 7 times
Likes received: 5 times

Unread postby Double Cocktail Music » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 pm

roughcutdiamond wrote:Hi girls me and hubby ended up booking the Canico restaurant, in the beginning was thorn between Monte das alagoas and Canico but the last one has a breathtaking sea view and that was the reason we now booked it. Also have Double Cocktail for the music including their DJ they are simply fab! firstly had a pre booking on a girl called Sally from Sam7 photography but have now decided to look a bit further have contacted an irish guy based in the Algarve called Gary Walsh he seems to have done quite some weddings now waiting on him to come back, we are not having a videographer this will save us some money to use it on other aspects of the day, an uncle of ours will be doing the footage for us also having a blessing only no fuss with paperwork we will do the legal bit back home before heading to the Algarve. Have a question for you girls: is the pre-marriage course compulsory? completely blank on this x

Dear Roughcutdiamond,
thank you so much for your wonderful feedback above . We cant wait to be back in Dublin.
For all Algarve brides and grooms to be , we hope to see you at our live showcase on Saturday night 25th january 2014 9.00pm @ BEWLEYS Ballsbridge hotel Dublin. :muscial :muscial
:bounce FREE ENTRY :bounce

We also have some private slots left if you like to have chat to us in person…
Happy New year all!
Cheers Dave and Steffie :happywave :happywave
announcement_showcase_2014_WOL.jpg
DOUBLE COCKTAIL
AWARD Winning WEDDING BAND & DJ
ALGARVE and COSTA DEL SOL

http://www.doublecocktailband.com
doublecocktailband@gmail.com
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/doublecocktailband
TESTIMONIALS clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Jk0C1fRhg

SEASON 2013 HIGHLIGHTS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVxr9zJRUs

DC MUSIC Covers
Portugal: Algarve Albufeira, Lagos, Alvor, Vilamoura, Portimao, Carvoeiro, Luz, Tavira, Lisbon , Cascais, Ericeira, Sintra etc.

South Spain: Costa del Sol Marbella, San Pedro, Benalmadena, Mijas, Fuengirola, Nerja, Estepona, Murcia, Sevilla, Granada, Almunecar etc

Ireland and UK: On special request.
Double Cocktail Music
Mrs2Be Supplier

Likes given: 15 times
Likes received: 2 times

Return to Weddings Abroad