Barberstown Castle Opinions

joyce05
user for 4 years
3 years ago
Hi all,

Just looking for some advice please. We booked the venue above in Jan 16 for a date in Aug this year. We live in England and are arranging the wedding from there. We also informed them that there would be children attending the wedding which didn't seem a problem until Christmas when we found out that both my sister-in-laws unable to stay at the venue as the family rooms only hold 3 people (they are families of 4). Due to this issue and not being made aware of it before and unexpected drop in the pound we have contacted the venue to see if there is anything they can do on the price for us. With this call we were informed that our wedding coordinator had changed and so this means we are dealing with somebody new that we've not met. She is telling us that they can't provide any discounts in any way even though she lead the H2B to think that it may be possible. She then sent through a quote address to two other people which we expect are another couple. She said this was an editing error however I am now concerned that we are not the only couple interested in our date even tough we have paid the deposit to secure it. I don't feel I can trust our new wedding coordinator and am not looking forward to progressing. Has anybody else had these kind of experiences and if so how have you managed them? Has anybody been successful is negotiating on any price elements with them? Any advice and help is greatly appreciated as I fell they are trying to walk all over us.
emafarl21
user for 3 years
3 years ago
Hi Joyce05, this only happened to us only 1 month ago with barberstown, we dealt with lisa when booking our wedding with barberstown however she left and we were dealing with another wedding coordinator. she was not helpful at all and had bad attitude like we were lucky to be having our wedding there so we should be honoured and was unwilling to give us the things with had previously agreed. in the end she ended up cancelling our wedding and posted us a cheque with our deposit, I would be so careful, I would hate what happened to us to happen to you.
joyce05
user for 4 years
3 years ago
OMG! I'm shocked. The thing is our original coordinator still works there just not full time. Did you speak with any of the management over this? Have you managed to find a new venue yet?
emafarl21
user for 3 years
3 years ago

Hi Joyce, we have written a letter to the owner of the hotel as anytime we requested to meet with him he
emafarl21
user for 3 years
3 years ago

Hi Joyce, we have written a letter to the owner of the hotel as anytime we requested to meet with him he refused to see us, or so the wedding coordinator informed us, we await a response from that. They have left us in awful situation, is there anyway to speak to you privately? I am only new to this forum, I just signed up as I seen your post. Have you resolved things with them?
joyce05
user for 4 years
3 years ago
In the menu there is an option to message however every time I click on it it just shows me an overview of my profile :( I have tweeted them for help
ombrethegiant64
user for 3 years
3 years ago
Hi Joyce05, we're actually also booked into Barberstown for an August wedding of this year. We've had almost the exact same experience (wrong names on the quote, coordinator went to part time when she went back to school, weren't told of our new coordinator.) Long story short: I had a very negative experience with the newly assigned coordinator and felt much the same as you. I can't help with the price aspect, unfortunately, but asking to work with another coordinator might be a good solution for your nerves. I was able to switch to the other full time coordinator and she's been amazing.