Bestmen

Mrs2be2017
user for 4 years
4 years ago
<p>Hi All,</p><p>Looking for some advise. My H2B wants three "Bestmen" for our Wedding as he cannot pick one over the other to have just one bestman. To me I think this is silly as he will still need to decide who is going to be the one standing next to him most of the day, signing the papers, main speech etc.</p><p>Has any other Bride2be being in the same situation as this?</p><p>All advice welcome :-)</p><p>Thank you!</p>
KaseyKool
user for 4 years
4 years ago
<p>Hi, I'm not in same situation (not yet anyway - we still have to decide on our BMs and GMs for 2017 as well so this could be a future problem :-) ). This could work if your H2B divides up the bestman jobs between the three. One could stand next to him in Church and hand over the rings, one could do the register signing and one could do the speech. The three could organise the Stag together. Any other little jobs could be divided up like this as well. Hope this helps. Good luck.</p>
MissieChrissie
user for 4 years
4 years ago
I haven't been in the situation but I can see where your H2B is coming from if he feels like the 3 lads are equally "important" to him. It does seem like a bigger honour to be best man than groomsman, so I suppose it's fair enough if he wants to treat them all equally, and I agree with KaseyKool that the best way to allow for it is to divide up the tasks between the lads so that they're all equally important or unimportant.

I think he's right, I think there are traditions that need to be bent a little bit to allow for how we live nowadays, weddings can be so stuffy with all the "do's and don'ts"!!
MissieChrissie
user for 4 years
4 years ago
I haven't been in the situation but I can see where your H2B is coming from if he feels like the 3 lads are equally important to him. It does seem like a bigger honour to be best man than groomsman, so I suppose it's fair enough if he wants to treat them all equally, and I agree with KaseyKool that the best way to allow for it is to divide up the tasks between the lads so that they're all equally important or unimportant.

I think he's right, I think there are traditions that need to be bent a little bit to allow for how we live nowadays, weddings can be so stuffy with all the "do's and don'ts"!!
Mrs2be2017
user for 4 years
4 years ago
Thanks ladies for your advise. He haven't really talked about it since but I'm sure he will mention it again & it would be good idea to split up the duties if that's what he wants. If he had to choose between his brother & best friend to be bestman he would choose his best friend so I think if he still wants the 3 lads to be all bestmen then I'll just go with the flow as I wouldn't want him to be in that position to choose like that. Thanks girls & happy planning for the future :D