Beyond upset!!

MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I need your opinion, right now i'm so upset all i want to do is cry... My 2 sisters are my MOH/BM.. we would see each other quite a bit and meet for drinks etc, however after i asked them to be in the bridal party, i do not hear from them anymore unless i contact them.. I have asked them on 2 different occasions to go Dress shopping with me and both times they "had other plans" even when i asked them to pick a date that suited, they still could not make it!!!!!!

Today, i asked them to come with me in 3 weeks time to look for my wedding dress and both have used the same line that they have other plans!! I do not know what to to do, I'm tempted to ask them not to be part of the bridal party, as i can't depend on them.

Has anyone else been in this situation??
Busybride81
user for 5 years
5 years ago
I don't know if you are in a position to maybe speak to your parents  and see what they think. Personally I think they are being very unfair especially as you have asked them to pick a date that suits them. Weddings are stressful enough without having bridesmaid they apparently don't care.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I have spoke to my mum about it, she agrees its unfair the way they are acting but i think she does not want to be seen taking sides which i totally understand... My sister in law and brothers girlfriend have been excellent, coming with me when my BM's wont. They can't say i bore them with wedding stuff as i have not spoke to them in ages and they do not know what band we have picked or our church singer etc.....

It's really upsetting me as ill do anything at a drop of a hat for them, its out a damper on going trying on wedding dresses....
friday13thbride
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I totally understand what you mean, my sister is bm and she has no interest unless it directly involves her. I guess some people are just like that. What about going with your mam for dress shopping, thats what i did. Hows your fiance? Is he good at discussing the plans with you or does he just expect you to do it all? My bms arent all that interested but im lucky that my fiance is genuinely just as interested in the wedding as i am which is great.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
My Fiance is amazing, he has helped plan all the wedding, which is great.. My mum has come with me before but she is busy the day i'm going, I'm starting to think my sisters are the same, it only is of interest if it has to do with them..... I'm at the stage of asking them to step down as BM's, if i can't get their input on my wedding dress, how will i ask them to organize the hen party or any thing that i need them to do on the day.. i'm at my wits end....
littlemrs1
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I feel really sorry for you. It's horrible to be feeling like that. Weddings are funny-you really start to see a different side to people. I have others family members who are so helpful like your brothers girlfriend and sometimes you do wonder should they have been asked to be Bm instead. However I think be careful about asking them to step down. I know your upset and feel they are making no effort right now but you could cause a falling out that could last for years to come. If I was you I think I would approach both of them and explain how you are feeling, maybe they genuinely don't know how their actions are hurting you and it could help mend the I'll feelings you have towards them at the moment. It could be worth a shot!
friday13thbride
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I wouldnt ask them to step down, it would cause huge upheaval in the family and more stress onto you. I would recommend just relying on the people you know you can rely on such as your mam, fiance and of course yourself. Im a control freak so i know ill be organising my own hen, but will prob have few suprises thrown in. Maybe just do things your own way and you do still have ppl to discuss your plans with
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Thanks Ladies, I feel better are getting it off my chest... I have calmed down a bit but i know i have to talk to them about it at some stage, but my sisters fly off the handle at the smallest thing (which is why i want to keep my mum out of it) hopefully when their dresses arrive they will agree to fit them on...

My niece told me today she is coming to help me find my  "princess" dress so that has cheered me up....

I guess we all dream of our wedding, and my vision was my sisters and me looking at dresses and having fun, just feel my bubble burst... but at the end of the day i get to marry the man i love weather they are gong to help me or not...
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I have 3 sisters and asked them all and after 6 months I had to step 1 sister down. She refused to try dresses, refused to wear heels, did not like the colour I eventually picked, did not like the hair stylist I picked and then went around telling everyone that she was paying for the wedding because we couldn't afford it.

I now have my mother on my back because im not having all my sisters! My other 2 sisters are not as bad but still have very little interest, 1 sister I can't really expect too much of her because she has a form of down syndrome. So I had to plan my own hen because the last sister thought that a night down the local would do!

UUUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHH families!!
littlemrs1
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I'm glad your feeling a little calmer and at least your niece is excited about you being a princess for the day! Thant would bring a smile to your face!
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I feel your pain hun, what is it with families? we assume that they will be happy for us and if they accept the role of BM that they expect that they have to go wedding dress shopping etc.... ahhhhh

As for your sister saying she is paying for your wedding, WTF!!!!!!! oh true  colours do show!!  Is she talking to you after you asked her to step down??

My niece is going to be my flower girl and i love her to death so it really has made my day that she is coming, she is all excited that she will be getting a new dress and shoes too lol... and a tiara if she wants it  lol
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
She speaks to me when she wants something other than that I usually get it threw into my face about how she has been treated. My younger sister hurt her hand 3 months ago and needed skin grafts and physio and the older sister (who was asked to step down) was on the phone the whole time saying she will step in for the younger sister cause she wont b able to do it. Its 4 months to the wedding and the younger sister has all the bandages off and is back driving so she will be well capable of signing the register and holding a bouquet.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
So she wants to be your BM but do nothing to help you and bitch about you!!!! glad your sister is recovering, it sounds like a lot of stress for you, how do you keep so calm??

I'm lucky that i have an amazing SIL who helps and is so interested in my wedding plans, id loose the plot only for her

MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
We live 2 hours away from each other, so that's my sanity!!! I just let it bother me for a few hours and scream it out and then get on with things.
ballymagirl84
user for 5 years
5 years ago
I totally understand. I asked my sisters to be BMs. I sent them all a really cute poem about sisters knowing everything about you and sisters have lived all the stories with u, as well as a old pic of the 4 of us messing around when we where super young. I am the oldest and first in my family to get married. my youngest sister who is 18 was delighted sending me ideas and asking when we good dress shopping etc. my other 2 sisters live in oz and they didn't react in the same way especially my MOH. I don't hear from her for a month after I has sent the card. Plus my mam didn't seem to be excited at all. The only people who seemed to be delighted for us was my friends. It really made me upset and my H2B tried to keep my spirits up. I had booked my venue, church, band and dj before I even hear from my MOH. I'm just trying to enjoy the process but it difficult when u feel no one is supporting u or excited about the process
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Exactly ballymagirl, my family is the same, my sisters seem to have very little interest except for the youngest who has a form of down syndrome, shes all about getting dressed up and looking pretty! Bless her im delighted shes excited. My mother doesn't want me to marry my H2b, its a long story with a lot of history but basically she blames him for a lot of things and now hates the sight of him. It breaks my heart because she keeps going on about how she doesn't want anyone to ruin my day but she's the very one who is ruining it.

Sometimes I feel like eloping!
friday13thbride
user for 6 years
5 years ago
oh my god you poor thing lambert that sounds horrible. my mam and i are very close and i couldnt imagine her not liking my fiance. does she openly not like him, could you speak to her about it. Like maybe explain how much it hurts you and that she needs to accept it as it's obviously happening and that if you've kids in the future their granny not liking their daddy would be very harmful to them (sorry i dont know your situation re kids im just thinking if it were me)
ballymagirl84
user for 5 years
5 years ago
I think the closer the wedding gets the more real it will become and they will forget all those petty things and be happy for u on the day.  Try not to let it get u down. Organise some  wedding things with her, dress fittings or cake tasting and she will get into the swing of things. :)
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I think we all expect family to be there for us, but when they can't be excited for you its hard and upsetting, my mum wasn't excited at first about the wedding, thou it was 2  1/2 years away but now she is in the swing of things... Im sorry to hear your mum does not like your H2B that must be extremely hard for you...

sometimes eloping would be a hell of a lot easier
kony21
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Reading all these stories is kind of upsetting but reassuring too that families and friends can be really difficult to deal with when it comes to weddings.

I'm delighted for me and loving the planning and hope aside from the family issues u are all too!!
Danie1702
user for 5 years
5 years ago
omg how have you not had a breakdown yet! I would be lost without my bridesmaids they are great at sending pics and links to loads, maybe your mam could have a little chat with them and explain your side as its your day and all the excitement of the build up is so much fun for everyone
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I think i am very close to that breakdown, the whole situation is stressing me out, i'm not sleeping properly anymore... Its come to the stage that i have to ask one of my bm's to step down, She went and got a massive tattoo on her shoulder/back, which will be hard to cover for the wedding, she had one already and i found a dress to cover it, but this new one will not be as easy... she didn't even mention it to  me!!!

Don't get me wrong, its her body she can do what she likes to it, i'm not dictating that she can't do what she likes, if i had known before she did it, i could have said how i felt and that the dress would not cover it, and given her the option of being a guest instead of BM, her tattoo is important to her and i accept that I think it would have sounded better that way than now having to say.."i can't cover your tattoo with the dress, i can't have you as BM"

My mum has offered to have a chat with them, but the can get so vile and hurtful that i do not want them turning on my mum, That is one thing i can prevent...
Danie1702
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Oh god your not having it easy at all i be the same about the tattoo because u got dresses to cover the last one and im sure she was aware that you were trying to cover it. I still have a good while to go before the wedding so i hope i don't run into the issues your having irs not easy planning a wedding without the added stress you now have try keep positive and remember its your day not theirs!
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
When i got engaged and started planning the wedding, i knew i wanted my 2 sisters standing beside me, i have 3 sisters but one has a lot of tattoos that i would no be able to cover and she was grand about it when i explained... i never imagined it would come to this.. I am heart broken that they now ignore me and wont arrange to meet me to go shopping for my wedding dress.. i do not think i can cry anymore...... I have tried to meet with my sister to talk to her face to face about how i am feeling, but she always has "plans".. it has come to it that i will have to email her, to me it is a cruel and horrible way to do it but i have no other choice as she will not meet with me...

I am delighted that your BM's are so helpful and happy for you, every bride deserves that xxx
2016BrideJuly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
I think what happens is that nobody in the family wants to think about it when its not happening this year

When my sister got married I'll admit a year and a half to the wedding I kept saying to her " Ah we've loads of time to think about it". What I didn't realise till now is that she was already getting excited about it and already had things booked so when we all eventually came around (Just at the 1 year to go Mark) she already had most of it booked and didn't want to tell us anything as we didn't get excited with her in the first place

Now I'm in the planning process myself I can see we probably let her down a bit but I can also see on the other side of things that when it comes to "Our wedding" that's exactly what it is. Some people while they love you to bits and can't wait for the wedding really don't want to know about it till closer to the time and maybe just have other things going on in their lives so while the wedding is way up there on our priorities as were in the middle of the planning stage its not necessarily on everyone elses priority list

Speaking from experience I'm trying to hold back with the family a little till the 1 year to go mark.

I will say though that friends that have got married already are more understanding and have wanted to go through everything with a fine tooth comb simply as they've been through it and everyone of them have said they would love to be doing the whole planning stage all over again

Families always have opinions - we can't choose our families so sometimes its difficult and you have to bite your tongue but just remember in the middle of all the madness - At the end of the day regardless of all the carry on with family the day of the wedding you will be husband and wife

Hopefully things ease up for you and you get to enjoy the process
Danie1702
user for 5 years
5 years ago
I really hope they realise what their doing to you and start supporting you as it can be a lovely time for sisters as wel seen a sibling getting married if only they would see this!
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
2016bridejuly, i understand where you are coming from, my BM's do not know ive booked the band/dj/ church singer etc, i know they are not as excited about it as me...

Ill go back before we were engaged, my sister practically lived in my house and my other sister called a good bit, now i do not even hear from them in general leaving all the wedding stuff aside

i texted her a few hours ago to meet up for a chat as i have not seen her in months (she lives 5 minutes from me) i kept it light hearted and friendly and she lost the plot, asking why should she explain herself to me!!!! I never asked her to.. and she has plans so cant meet!!! we eventually agreed on next monday for a chat, fingers crossed!!!

My fiancee and I are trying to mark things off our list ASAP and get things paid for so we wont have a massive bill next year, so i'm trying to sort their dresses but they wont arrange to meet and they way i feel is that if they are like this now what will happen before the wedding if i have to ask them to do something!!
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
What is it with family!!! AAARRGGHHH!!! I asked the 3 sisters and all said yes until the older sister started causing trouble and I asked her to step down. It was all her own fault but she now gets onto the other 2 sisters making digs at them about how they shouldn't be doing it either! She's not coming to my hen because her and mam do not get on and would only end up in an argument. She also informed me yesterday that she will be leaving after the dinner the day of the wedding!

OMG! my nerves are just about shot!!!!!
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
MrsLambert2be I feel your pain, I am waiting for my sister to say she won''t go go the wedding, the way i look at it is if she does not want to go so be it... she will regret it not me....

I bet you feel the same as me, hoping it would all work out and everyone having a ball... it is stress we do not need.... oh to run away and get married in Vegas!!
nosietoes
user for 5 years
5 years ago
I feel terrible that your bridesmaids aren't being supportive but really have to strongly disagree with you having to ask your bridesmaid to step down because of a tattoo.

Why did you ask her to be a bridesmaid in the first place? Do you love her and want her to stand up and support you?

I hate tattoos but my friend who is singing us out of the church has loads of them. I wanted her to sing us out of the church because she's an amazing girl who I love and want to include in a really important day to myself and my Fiancé.

I don't mean to be mean but make sure to examine your priorities on this solemn occasion which is only secondarily about prettiness.
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
We comtemplated eloping ourselves but that's not fair on the rest of the families and our friends!
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
the tattoo is a minor issue, she has tattoos already and i found a dress to cover them as i didn't want them in my wedding pictures, I have no problem with tattoos or people who have them, but after we decided on a style of dress (which i have purchased) she went off and got another one(which she is entitled to do, its her body) which i will not be able to hide under the dress, if she had told me before hand that she was thinking of getting one we could have got different dresses...

The issue is that my  BM is of no support, i have asked her 3 different times to come wedding dress shopping with me and she is never available no matter how much notice i give her..

i want to ask her to step down as she has changed so much in the past few months i do not know her anymore, i am asking her to step down because she will never text/ring me back( and that's just for general chat, nothing to do with the wedding), if i ask how she is, she snaps at me.. its her behaviour that's pissing me off, ...

I asked her because she is my sister and i was very close to her, she is the one that pulled away and wont communicate with me and i have tried many many times to meet for coffee etc.... I'm hurt because i feel i have lost my sister (who happens to be my BM)

My priorities are in the right place, i want my sisters standing beside me on my wedding day because they are my sisters.. And i would do anything for them,
nosietoes
user for 5 years
5 years ago
That's fair enough. If someone is not there for you it's inexcusable. My bridesmaids have been mainly extremely supportive (tho they all have very strongly personalities for better and for worse)

I said, I wasn't trying to be mean tho I wouldn't be super happy having all my tattoos covered if I felt they were important to me even at my sisters wedding. I've always been an advocate of being myself in all kinds of photos. My sister had a rather elegant wedding but wouldn't have asked me to dye over my big pink streak, and even made sure I had pink flowers and ribbon in my bouquet despite everything else being white.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
When i asked her to be BM, she knew i didn't want any tattoos showing and was grand with it, if she didn't like the fact i didn't want them showing she could have said no, yes i would have been upset but i'd have got over it.... yes its her body and its what she likes but its not what i want for my wedding, i gave her a choice of dresses so she could pick which one she liked and suited her, and now i have the dresses and it wont cover her tattoo... i do not care if people see it at the reception but not in the church

as i said its her attitude that's pissing me off, the tattoo is a tiny tiny issue in the grand scheme of things,

I'm like the way your sister matched the ribbon etc for you.. nice idea
2016BrideJuly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Personally I think Brides to be can go a little loopy with wedding planning, I've seen it with sisters, friends and family and while I will try my utmost not to go nuts I'm sure after its all done I'll be told of the time I lost it over something silly.

Tattoos nor pink hair or piercings would bother me either. Probably as I've had all of them at one stage and come the day of the wedding hair and makeup and a good photographer none of that will matter.

Maybe all wedding things aside theres something else going on with her. I think we can forget sometimes that while were in wedding bubble everyone else have other things going on too. Chat with your sister but do it with no wedding talk and see if anything else is going on. sometimes thats all you need. Take the wedding out of it completely and just ask her if she's ok and go from there
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
That is what i'm planning to do, she has been weird with some of the family and we used to be close, i have a few friends i do wedding talk with as they are getting marries also, im worried about her, but if she won't talk to me i do not know what to do...

she hangs out with my other 2 sisters a lot, they say he is fine, so i do not know what to think
2016BrideJuly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Maybe just organised a day thats nothing to do with Wedding and hold back from talking about it completely. Just get back to it not being about the wedding for one day. Sometimes people just avoid you when they think all your going to talk about will be "The Wedding" so maybe try do something you both enjoy and take it from there but at all costs hold your tongue on the wedding talk and see if things are different. At least that way you will know one way or another
usher1890
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Are they married? They seem a bit jealous
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Neither of them are married, one has started a new relationship,one is single, my 3rd sister is engaged and they hang out with her a lot, i have always been careful not to mention the wedding unless they ask about it as it's one day in our lives and life is more than that.. I've done everything with their feelings in mind,

Ive invited them for coffee, dinner ,drinks and they are always busy, My mum is upset over it as she can see how they have changed and how they are acting, she has offered to speak to them but i do not want them to think she is taking sides and fall out with her....
Pinklilly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Mrslh2be I feel so sorry for you.. I have had bridesmaid issues myself & I think its so disheartening. I can't understand why your sisters have just turned on you & seem very unwilling to sort out whatever's going on!? I really hope you get some answers if you get to have a proper chat with them? Do you think maybe they didnt agree with you not wanting your sister to be bm because of her tattoos & maybe that's why they are trying to make wedding plans awkward for you?? Just a taught.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Thanks Pinklilly, i honestly do not think its to do with the tattoos, i wish it was because i could possibly do something about it.. my baby sis has loads of tattoos and she was so understanding when i explained to her why i couldnt have her as BM, she offered to help me with other things for the wedding, and she is anti religion so she didnt want to stand at the alter, which i totally understand....

i wish i could fast forward to the end and have the whole story... I just want my sisters back, they are only my BM's for one day!!!!! Im meeting her on monday and i will see how we get on with no wedding talk... ill make my decision after that.. it will all depend on her attitute
Pinklilly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Aw I really hope you can work out whatever is causing them to act this way & start enjoying the build up to your wedding with your sisters x

I have 2 sisters & a very close group of friends & when I was choosing my bridesmaids, i liked the idea of having 4. I had only planned on asking 1 sister because I knew my older sister wouldn't want to do it.. Anyway when I told her who I was considering having she told me she didn't think it was fair to ask one sister & not the other (even though I knew she didn't want to do it) so I asked her, to keep the peace, 2 weeks later she told me she'd prefer not to do it!! So I went with 1 sister, mmy best friend & my 2 oldest friends who I grew up with & then of course one of my close friends accused me of leaving her out & didn't speak to me for a month.. I was so upset about the situation as like you say these people are still part of our lives, being bm is not everything but I think some people like to create drama around weddings! My friend & I are back talking now but I don't think things will ever be the same between us which is sad but I think the only way to resolve any situation is to have a good talk about everything in person. I hope everything works out for you :)
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Asking people to be BM's can be so tricky! Its distressing on the bride and emotional and your friends can get very put out over it. I have 3 sisters and I asked all 3. In the end the older sister was being such a b***h I asked her to step down. So then I had to choose between 4 very good friends. I sat down and thought, who do I ring when I need advice? Who is always there at the end of the phone? They all were with me when my brother died but one friend has been there through so much more and that's who I picked. TBH the 3 other girls said I was right to pick her because she deserved it and had been more of a support. Its so nerve wracking! I'll only get married once its way too much stress and worry!!!!!
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Thanks Ladies, I'm sorry about your brother MrsLambert2be, must have been hard on your wedding day.. Pinklilly i totally agree with you, its all bloody drama, i only plan doing this once and it is so stressful.. i do not want to fall out with her and end up not talking, its not worth it.. if i was being a pain in the ass id say that i deserved this, so hopefully we can have a good chat, i think i need to ask her does she want to BM or was she being polite, i would rather her be a guest and be happy than my BM and miserable, family have to enjoy the day too
Pinklilly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Aw stop mrslh2be I knew my sister would be miserable doing it but yet she still wanted to be asked!! After a good chat with her though we both knew she would enjoy the day better without the pressure of doing bm.. It's like a bloody guessing game with some people & trying to keep everyone happy just isn't possible!

How are things with your sister since you asked her to step down mrslambert2be? Weddings really do bring out a terrible side in some people don't they!?

I was at the stage a few weeks ago where I was just going to cut back to 2 bm to make life easier as even though my friend is back talking to me I can never bring up wedding talk in front of her or she just goes quiet or walks out of the room :( it's taking a lot of enjoyment out of the planning as she's one of my best friends, I just have too many to have as bm!! I'm starting to go dress shopping in a couple of weeks & I'm afraid to even mention it around her.. The worst part is she never even wanted to be a bm she just feels left out because I asked 3 of the girls (I wouldn't mind there's still 2 other girls I didn't ask aswell, granted one is abroad but she'll be home for the wedding) your head would be melted trying to keep everyone happy wouldn't it!?
MrsLambert2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
My sister was a bit pee'd off tbh for a few days but shes grand now. My biggest problem at the minute is my best friend.Shes getting married in may and im July. She is only having family to the wedding and ive given her a full invite. But whats disappointing is that everytime I try to meet she has an excuse. She is also good friends with my younger sister but for the last 6 months she wont talk to her and everytime my sister meets her, my friend ignores her! She said she wasn't having a hen so we tried to organise something for her and she said absolutely no way! So she was invited to my hen and she said she couldn't make it because it was 3 weeks before her wedding, which I totally understand, so on facebook last night here she had a status update where she was enjoying her hen! I feel so hurt and feel like ive lost my best friend. I have tried talking to her about it and she says im 'being daft'. But the rest of our group have all noticed the change in her. We reckon its her h2b because he is very rude and ignorant and wants everything his way.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
Oh My God!!!! That is hurtful beyond everything, thats the same thing as my sister so i totally understand,  Maybe your friend is jealous that you are having a big wedding and she possibly can only afford a small one, but for you to try and organise a hen party and she says no, then to post on FB last night!!! and not to invite you!!!

If her H2B is behind it, i feel sorry for her because if her can control who her friends are now, god help her after the wedding......

Im going to talk to my sis about the way she is acting, the way i look at it is that i do not hear or see her anymore so if i am honest with her and she still does not speak to me, it is her loss im sick of been a doormat for them and been treated like crap, time for the big girl knickers to be put on.....

Have you thought about saying it to your "friend" about the hen party, that was rude and not something a friend would/should do... what have  you to loose??
Pinklilly
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Jesus that's bad form by your 'best friend' what the hell is wrong with some people.. In my eyes family only to my wedding would include my best friends.. & as for the hen... Wtf!!! I would be so annoyed & hurt to read that on fb! I really think you have to confront her about that??

Tbh I'm feeling a bit disappointed with all of my my friends/bm at the moment..out of my 4 bm my sister is getting married in July & is VERY into her own wedding (which is fair enough) but I text her yesterday to tell her I had booked to go dress shopping in 3 wks so I was hoping she could make it & I haven't heard back from her?? She had replied to 2 msgs right before this one & then nothing (& I can see she read it?) then I sent a group message to my 5 friends on fb about coming to a fashion show next week if they were interested & none of them replied.. (Again I can see 3 of them read it) it's not as if I constantly go on about wedding stuff.. I purposely don't bring it up very often or ask the girls to do much because I know with my sister she was expecting everyone to do stuff all the time & never stops talking about her wedding but I just taught become it's coming to the year mark that it be nice to start doing things. I get the impression that 2 of the girls are feeling a bit guilty being bm now & don't seem as open about talking about wedding or doing stuff..

Not the way you expect things to work out is it when you get engaged!!?

Mrslh2be I think your right too, we all need to start being straight with people & maybe just stop hoping that people are going to be as excited as we are about doing things or we'll just keep being disappointed :(
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
I understand now why they say planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things you will do in your life, I was thinking about my situation a lot last night and i'm just sick of beating around the bush and trying to be nice and understanding to people,, WTF am i doing, why are they not considering my feelings when they keep saying no and ignore me.... My sisters did the same thing to me on FB after saying they couldn't come dress shopping, the 3 of them are in a picture captioned VIP dress shopping... i cried my eyes out and was so upset and angry... so i know what ye are feeling and it is not nice, it puts a damper on everything, i spent my lunchbreak for the past few days looking for a dress to cover my sisters tattoos, why am i even bothering when she does not care?

so the gloves are off girls, we have to remember respect works both way and we deserve better than this, aaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh that felt good to get it out lol......
usher1890
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Seriously at this point I do not know why you are bothered, do your own thing and let them off.
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
5 years ago
usher1890, my problem is i worry about hurting their feelings, but not anymore.. i now know that being nice does not get you anywhere...... but i have to remember they are my sisters, and do not want to fall out with them...