Bridesmaid Dress issues

budgetbride16
user for 5 years
5 years ago
So I still have loads of time before my wedding but like any normal bride this issue is stressing me out. I gout an amazing deal on my three bridesmaids dresses a few months back. Now two fit fine with loads of room for alterations if needed. But my sis/ moh who is only young was slightly overweight when I was buying them said go for it she'd slim down. So I got her the biggest available size and it just about fit. Now since then she's put on more weight she hasn't changed her diet, she's not exercising and none of my family know how to broach it without hurting her feelings! I mean I can't afford new dresses but the bigger issue is her health. I'm so worried :(
nearlymrswalshe
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Depends on the type of person she is, she may prefere someone to just come out and say it, and to support her in joining a slimming or exercise club, however it sounds like she might not be, since your family are all afraid to broach it with her.

The other options are get a good friend of hers to say it, if you do she may think its a bridezilla moment and get annoyed with you. Or  you could be visiting her some day and happen to have a little panic, pretend you don't know how your dress will look, will you have enough space in it to eat a meal and not look pregnant, will you be uncomfortable in front of the camera, make a point of saying there is no money left in the budget for alterations at this stage,  ask her to help you exercise, tell her its easier with the support of  a loved one and you appreciate all her support,  join a running club, (there are free learn to run clubs in Dublin), start hiking once a week. she might take the gentle hint that she might be uncomfortable in front of a camera too and give her the motivation to start looking after herself and her health.

LovelyAubrey
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Well, maybe you can tell your sister if you both can have a lovely conversation and then your going to tell her in a nice way about having a good health and how guys love to see a sexy body.
kony21
user for 5 years
5 years ago
honesty is the best policy plain and simple! once your intentions are pure! lm seriously overweight morbidly obsese technically l think! lm well aware of it and struggling with it on daily basis, offering support is the best way forward shes your sister and moh if you cant be honest with her who can?

Professionally and personally my advise is to offer support in what ever way you can whether its joining a slimming group or going to do an activity together!
budgetbride16
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Thanks girls some great advice and eased my worry a bit as well I'm going to chat to her and see if she will join a local walking club with me. :)
kony21
user for 5 years
5 years ago
Happy to help!! :)