Buying my wedding dress online

MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
4 years ago
Hey ladies,

So. since i got engaged i always said i would buy my dress online and so after hours (and hours and hours) of looking I found THE dress, so with fingers and toes crossed I ordered it, sent of my measurement and said a silent prayer....

I ordered from a Chinese company from Ebay, they were so helpful and easy to deal with, it was all very relaxing.. My dress arrived and when i put it on, I cried, it was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen or worn, i feel a million dollars in it, My mum could not believe the quality or work that went into it..  Now the bust is a tiny bit small and when i emailed the company they were so nice and are sending me material for free in order to let it out..

From dresses i have tried on in shops all around €2000, this dress wipes the floor with them and i only paid €215 incl delivery... I also ordered my full length veil for €5 which is top quality too...

To say i am a happy bride to be is beyond words, I have read a lot of horror stories of buying dresses online, but if you do your  research you can find a diamond......
Jacki8716
user for 4 years
4 years ago
Hi,

Delighted it went well for you. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Do you mind me asking who you shopped with and how long it took to deliver?

Thanks x
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
4 years ago
It took about 5 weeks from the time i ordered to the time i got it,

http://stores.ebay.ie/Professional-custom-dress/…

this is the link from the company, they are brilliant to deal with and will answer back very quickly... My mum is a dress maker but i would not put the pressure of making my dress on her, she was amazed at the quality and the work that went into the dress, it is identical to the picture but looks so much nicer in real life... hope you find one you love... i would def order from them again, my mum is thinking of buying a dress for the wedding off them also
mrsflood2be60
user for 4 years
4 years ago
Hi, Im thinking about ordering my dream dress online from China too. Can you tell me did you have any problems with customs? Did you have to pay any extras other than the dress and shipping price?
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
4 years ago
I paid no customs, so i only had to pay for the dress and shipping.. I was in contact with a different manufacturer a few months back and they gave me a quote for the dress but would not give me a shipping price until the dress was finished so i did not use them as it sounded a bit dodge... My shipping was €20 it was registered and had tracking on it so i was very happy
mrsflood2be60
user for 4 years
4 years ago
thank you very much for your reply, you have really put my mind at ease MrsLH2be
MrsLH2be
user for 6 years
4 years ago
The best advice i can give is do your research on the company and ask loads of questions, Hope all goes well for you.. I ordered mine 11 months before the wedding just in case i had any problems i had time to order one in a shop here