Can you bargain about price of wedding dress?

ekeane4484
user for 4 years
4 years ago
Hi all! I have found my dream dress in Dublin. It is in a shop in Belfast for 300 euro cheaper. I am wondering is it acceptable to bargain with the shop in Dublin as it is closer to me (I'm from Mayo) The money I save by buying it in Belfast I will probably spend close to on diesel etc.? Worth trying right???
Nikkid1746
user for 4 years
4 years ago
<hr />

One thing I have realised since I have started Wedding planning is if you don't ask you won't get. I would just be honest tell them you have priced it in another shop for the 300 less. Every supplier I have booked so far has knock 100-250 euro off original price when asked if they can do any better. I wouldn't tell them where it is or anything like that just ask them the worst they can say is no.

nearlymrswalshe
user for 5 years
4 years ago
When I bought mine she said she couldn't reduce the price because it was set by the designer etc however she was able to give me free alterations and add ons (buttons on back, belt etc)

Start off by telling her it's your dream dress and nothing else is as beautiful (flattery goes a long way) but it's out of ur price range, tell her obviously you would rather buy from her etc (insert more flattery) but you have seen it else where for less , can she match it??

If that fails then switch to getting extra for free