church decor

Write a Reply
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2014
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0
    [pm_user user_id="2" in_the_loop="0" text="Send PM"]

hi

I am getting married in kilfian church which is a big church. I live in London so don’t have much knowledge of the suppliers in mayo. I would like to decorate the church but don’t believe in spending a small fortune on flowers when wedding are so expensive anyway! I had thought of just organza bows or candles but not too sure how to do this myself and wondered if anyone could help?!?

Participant
    Registered On: April 27, 2015
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2
    • Wedding Date: 01-04-2015

Hello

There are a lot things that you could do to decorate your venue and yet still maintain the budget. To start with you could host your wedding in the evening that way reduce the lighting needs by using candles which in turn would bring in the royal look. Next you can drape your church pillars with white cloth and tie with a red ribbon at definite intervals to get a good decent look. These are a few tips . You could always sought the help of a wedding planner to get all the decoration with limited budget

Regards

Muruga

SM Wedding Planner

Participant
    Registered On: May 28, 2015
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 149
    • Wedding Date: 21-05-2016

@bride2016 – I have the same dilemma but completely opposite church.

I am getting married in a small chapel type church and on visiting it on a dark day (when is it ever not!) i found it was a little dark.

I want to decorate the church with something but as it’s so small having flamboyant flowers on the ends of the rows will look daft.

I think ribbon does sound lovely – if only i could tie it professionally!

Participant
    Registered On: January 25, 2016
    Replies: 3
    • Wedding Date: 27may2016

@tobe50shades you could get those bows that you just pull and boom you got yourself a bow.

Participant
    Registered On: May 28, 2015
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 149
    • Wedding Date: 21-05-2016

Very True @Soon2bewed01.

I’ve actually seen some photos recently where a bride had candles and pettles in the window frames and then low key but pretty flowers/bows on the pews.

Looked very understated and classy!

Think i will try that now.

Participant
    Registered On: January 25, 2016
    Replies: 3
    • Wedding Date: 27may2016

Petals are a great idea.  The windows in our chapel are too high so no one would see them but am having paper flowers so will be putting candles on the sills for the scent.

Participant
    Registered On: September 26, 2017
    Replies: 2
    • Wedding Date: 19-05-2018

i know it’s an old thread, but i’m lookin for an inspirations. i want to buy unity candles to decor the church. it will me something like this: https://candlemania.ie/products/personalised-candles/personalised-wedding-candles

is it a good idea?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close