Delayed honeymoon??

aideenj
user for 4 years
4 years ago
Just wondering what people's opinions are on delaying the honeymoon?? We are thinking of maybe having a few days just somewhere in Ireland after the wedding and then going on a proper honeymoon 6 months later or so. We are thinking this would give us more time to save but also it's something to then look forward to and plan after the wedding. I'm worried about feeling a bit flat after all the build up to the wedding!

But on the other side I can't imagine going back to work quite quickly and I wonder if it won't feel like a honeymoon if we delay it.

What do people think??
oconng3
user for 5 years
4 years ago
Hi aideenj I think we are going to delay our honeymoon too as you say it will give more time to save and also leave something to look forward to. I'm also worried about the post wedding anti-climax. The honeymoon won't be like any other holiday its a time to splash out and go all-inclusive, do the things you normally wouldn't justify when on holidays and I think this would be more enjoyable when we are both well recovered from the wedding and not exhausted. I know people who have left the next day and regretted it because they were too tired and cranky to enjoy the first few days. The minimoon in Ireland sounds great - book into a hotel and sleep for a few days and bask in the happy memories and dream about future plans.

Have any other brides done this? What is the best way to work it so it doesnt loose its significance?

lorrimar
user for 5 years
4 years ago
We were originally planning on going to the US for our honeymoon but it was working out quite expensive and with the expense of the wedding as well it was alot or pressure. Also some people had mentioned that after the wedding you can be tired and a trip like that you'd want to be full of energy. We are now going to Prague for 5 nights and Barcelona for 5 nights and then next year will try plan the US trip :)
beachybride
user for 5 years
4 years ago
I think what ever works best for you guys is the way to go.  I have a couple of friends who are delaying as the winter is the slow time for one of my friends companies and my others have to reschedule as my friends husband is starting academy when they had their date set.  It does give you some time to save, just make sure you do take time for yourselves.  It can be very easy getting caught up in life.  Enjoy every moment of your big day
CalmandCollectedsofar
user for 4 years
4 years ago
Hey @http://www.mrs2be.ie/members-2/aideenj/" rel="nofollow">aideenj

We're doing the same think i think we're taking a minimoon directly after the wedding in June then going on our proper honeymoon the following feb so it gives us about 7 extra months to save so we can go all out as we're going to orlando.