Does running help loose weigh?

Write a Reply
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

• Participant
    Registered On: July 21, 2011
    Topics: 54
    Replies: 349
    [pm_user user_id="2" in_the_loop="0" text="Send PM"]

Hi girls, I joined a running club last week to get fit and loose weight! If I keep it up will I notice a difference? I am not good at not eating so exercise is a must!

Participant
    Registered On: May 22, 2011
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 515

Hi there mooseyd, yes if you are running regularly you will lose weight, I would recommend you do a weight class once a week also as it will strenghten you and make the running easier. Running is great for losing weight but you wont really tone up from it. Good luck from it you will feel great after a few weeks

Participant

Oh super, i think I will give it ago. i managed to run 3.3 miles in my first week (i do alot of hill walking). I really hope it helps, I am trying to eat healthily too so lets see if i see the beneifits in a few weeks/months.
    Do you run much?

Participant

I started about 8 months ago and I try to run 5km 3 times a week, I don’t see myself entering the olympics anytime soon but I enjoy it lol.. I also do a yoga and a weights class, which I started all this as I said 8 months ago I always went walking but I eat too much for just going for a walk and I have lost nearly two stone and gone down nearly 2 dress sizes. I am delighted with myself but just need to keep it off now

Participant

You are inspiration – i am going to follow suit and see if its works for me. I am the same- fond of food as I am sure most people are. thank you for encouraging support- I am really looking forwarfd to getting fit like you!

Participant

I wouldn’t say fit but thanks i do feel so much better, that is actually the most motiviating thing believe it or not over the weight loss. You are flying though 3 and half miles first week. My first week i could only run for about a minute and walk a minute. I did the couch to 5k thing by the way. It is very easy to follow and everyone can do it, it does not matter what level of fitness you are at.

Participant
    Registered On: June 4, 2011
    Topics: 69
    Replies: 1036
    • Hailey
    • 6 years, 5 months ago

@littlemisscupcake wrote:

I wouldn’t say fit but thanks i do feel so much better, that is actually the most motiviating thing believe it or not over the weight loss. You are flying though 3 and half miles first week. My first week i could only run for about a minute and walk a minute. I did the couch to 5k thing by the way. It is very easy to follow and everyone can do it, it does not matter what level of fitness you are at.

Hi what the couch to 5 k never heard of it?

Participant

Hi Hailey
    It is a programme you can download if you have an iphone or any smart phone and use it while you run or you can just print it off a website. There are loads of versions of it Coach25k or C25k is the way it is listed on apps. It basically starts you off running 3 days a week for half hour stints. For instance the first week is running for 1 minute and walk for a minute and a half for 20 mins with a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. You would be amazed how quickly you can build it up.

Participant
    Registered On: June 4, 2011
    Topics: 69
    Replies: 1036
    • Hailey
    • 6 years, 5 months ago

Cheers thank hun i must look into it :)x

Participant

no worries at all. I am not a natural runner at all but it worked for me. my friend is doing a 15 mile race next week after starting it a year and a half ago. I am happy enough doing my 5km but he just fell in love with it.

Participant

I must look that up too, it sounds brilliant

Participant
    Registered On: August 31, 2010
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 839

i’m doing the C25k – couch to 5k, its sooo do-able…..just do 3 jogs a week and in no time, you wont believe what your doing…i’m on week5 at the minute, feels great, still eating what i want – too much sometimes, but i can tell you from beofre (did it a year ago) that you defo tone and loose weight, only thing i’d say if your still eating pizza 3 times a week, the weight wont drop off, but i think you do find yourself been more aware of what your eating once you get into it….best of luck with it

Participant

Brilliant- will we set up a running forum and we can post how we are gettng on etc?? it might motviate us to do more???

Participant
    Registered On: August 31, 2010
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 839

go for it…it can only help

Participant
    Registered On: March 6, 2012
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi there – just wondering for those of you who have taken up running did it take long to see weight loss? i know fitness is also a goal/reward but I have about 14-16lbs to loose for my wedding in 6 months and I have started running since feb 1st – I really enjoy it but can’t say I’m anyway lighter or smaller – I’m up to about 3-5km 3 times a week but I find my appetite has increased with the exercise and I’m worried I won’t get good results – I’d like a slow steady weightloss nothing drastic but at the moment i’m looing nothing!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close