Dominican Republic honeymoon

lovetodance
user for 5 years
4 years ago
Hi all, our wedding is April 2016 and we are starting to look at honeymoons. We find the idea of a week pure relaxation and a more action packed week afterwards best. Dominican Republic is standing out to us followed by week in Florida. Has anyone been to Dominican republic on honeymoon or can offer any advice? Many thanks x
tobe50shades
user for 5 years
4 years ago
Hello @lovetodance

Just saw your message - I was away in Dom Rep when we got engaged actually.

They were very accommodating on making sure we had a "special" time - we went to an all inclusive as we wanted to relax and chill.

The island, compared to other Caribbean islands, felt slightly less safe if i'm being completely honest. Having said that - the resort was lovely and the staff were amazing.

If you need any further advice - please let me know. Happy to provide any info you may need (I would definitely book a transfer from the airport if i was you - I fortunately could haggle in spanish but the quotes people were getting seemed quite expensive!)
tobe50shades
user for 5 years
4 years ago
Hello,

I have actually just received an e-mail offer for Dom Rep - if you are interested, happy to send it onto you if that helps?