Planning Irish wedding from Toronto

Write a Reply
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Participant
    Registered On: August 27, 2014
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3
    [pm_user user_id="2" in_the_loop="0" text="Send PM"]

Hi ladies. We got engaged in May of this year and will be getting married in Cork on August 29th 2015! We are both from Cork but have been living in Toronto for a year and a half. Trying not to stress too much planning from here,but just would love other people’s feedback if they planned a wedding whilst living abroad. We have all the main bits sorted venue,photographer etc but still lots to do! Any feedback would be fab ladies, thanks!

Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2013
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 78

Congrats on your engagement- and welcome to the mad, mad world of wedding planning!! I’m planning our wedding from Australia, so I understand how difficult some things can be. The best advice I can give you is to use the internet, Skype, Pinterest, all that, to find your ideas, help create an image of what you’re looking for (for colour, decor etc) and send copies to those back home who are helping you. My mum and sister and my eyes and shoppers- they have colour swatches, little notebooks filled with pictures of things I would like to include, design ideas etc- so when I send them to see things I’ve found in online searches, they can decide if they will fit with the theme. I did a lot of my shopping online; I got all my table decorations, invitations, lights, candles, water beads from eBay; it worked out a whole lot cheaper. And it felt nice to send them to my mothers house- she felt involved. Keep in contact with your hotel, especially if you’re having a specific theme. Make sure they will allow you to have what you want- I was about to order 20 tall glass vases for my “afters” tables, only to be told for health and safety reasons I couldn’t use them. Our hotel have been great helping us source items too- and are full of good ideas.
    And finally- enjoy the experience! I’m down to the last few things (trying to find 250 stems of baby’s breath for anything less than €2 a stem is killing me!) and I’ve loved the whole process (except the seating plan!) my fiancé and I took one evening every two weeks and searched for things we wanted/liked- he had a say in almost everything- and he enjoyed it too. Often, the grooms can get pushed aside in the planning, so I’m glad I included him. Please ask lots of questions on here- the ladies are wonderful!!!

Participant
    Registered On: October 30, 2014
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi ladies,

I am also living in Toronto and planning my wedding at home. We are booked for April 2016.
    How are you finding the planning? Did you get your dress yet? did you buy in Toronto!!
    Happy planning :bounce

Participant

Thank so much for all the advice 🙂 Hi Little Lisa! Where in Toronto do you live and how long have you been here? The planning is actually going great from Toronto and I bought my dress in August here in the city too 🙂 Amazing selection!
    How are your plans going? Congratulations too 🙂 Very exciting times!! xx :justarried2

Participant
    Registered On: October 30, 2014
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Thanks nurselaura1985 🙂
    I am living in Toronto almost 2 and a half years. I live at High Park and Bloor. Where are you based?
    Just have venue and church booked. In talks with a band at the moment.
    Thinking of getting my dress ere, makes more sense for fittings.
    How long are you in Toronto? 🙂

Participant

We live at yonge and eglinton 🙂 Been here a year and a half now! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close