So depressed!

Write a Reply
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Participant
    Registered On: January 7, 2011
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 574
    [pm_user user_id="2" in_the_loop="0" text="Send PM"]

Oh girls. I’m on a hating myself buzz at the minute. Was at a friend’s wedding at the weekend, bought a lovely dress, got my nails, tan and hair done – the whole shebang. Sure I thought I looked lovely. That was until people started putting pics up on Facebook of me! My own pics are fine because I can screen them but in some of the others I look like a beached whale.

I’m so annoyed that I let food rule my life. I go to the gym but I’m totally fooling myself at the moment because I’m eating what I like as well.

A couple of years ago I lost three stone with a combination of Weight Watchers and the gym and I felt amazing but have now put it all back on and since then I have not been able to get back in the zone.

Enough is enough! I need to get back to where I was two years ago. I know I have over nine months until the wedding but I don’t just want to lose weight for one day I want to do it for good so I can get my confidence back. Sorry for the rant but just needed to get it down in print!

Participant
    Registered On: February 11, 2011
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 869

Ah duffer sorry you’re feeling like that. I’m pretty much the same as you. I bloody hate it when people put pictures up on facebook. I know most of the time they don’t do it intentionally to annoy you cos they don’t see what you see but it’s bloody annoying. I always ask my friends can I put pictures up before I do. Maybe this could be good motiviation for you and I stress the YOU part because it should be for you. I was in a bit of a rut myself but went wedding dress shopping at the weekend and found thee dress and that’s given me huge motivation to cut out eating what I want, when I want. For the first time in my life I didn’t want desert I just kept thinking of my dress! You’ve lost loads of weight before so you know it can be done again.

Chin up hun, you can do it x

Participant
    Registered On: May 3, 2010
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 1196

Look, don’t be so hard on yourself. You are going through a bad patch at the moment and none of us look as awful as some of those Facebook pictures make us look. You are doing the right thing. I know where you are coming from. I have been there and I know how trapped you feel but although you may not realise it, you are doing the right thing. Slowly, slowly, over about three years I lost weight. It usually goes in blocks of four pounds at a time. You are going to the gym, that is the best thing you can do. Stop beating yourself up about the food you eat. If you make food the enemy then you will never be ok with it. Eating ice cream and biscuits is fine…as long as you are enjoying them. The way I got out of the slump was by keeping myself busy. At one point in my life, ate literally every minute of the day, hungry or not. So, I decided to distract myself. If I am doing something fun or am busy with something, it takes my mind off food so I would find myself something to do in the hours I’d be idle (and also eating) and then for the first time I actually felt real hunger and now I am at a weight that (most of the time) I am happy with (because no matter how thin you get, you still feel like you can do better – well I do anyway). Stop being hard on yourself and try and keep yourself busy – get into a routine at the gym, call your friends and go for a walk or even have tea and cake, watch a film, go to the library, read a book, clean out a closet – anything to keep yourself busy. This should help you cut down on eating when you don’t really want to. Keep going to the gym and don’t be hard on yourself over what you eat nd the weight will come off. Try not to pressurise yourself into being a certain weight for a certain time because that is just putting stress on yourself and making you more likely to eat out of stress. Chin up m’dear, the weight will come off. Keeping yourself busy and happy is the key xx

Participant

Awh ladies you’re the best!

I’m fully aware if I put my mind to it I can do it. I have done in the past. mrsmcd2be you have inspired me! My dress is extremely figure hugging and my plan was to get the top of the range spanks for under it but not now! I’m not going to need spanks because my belly and massive arse will be long gone come next May.

The girl that got married on Friday was perhaps the most stunning bride I’ve ever seen. Like most women she struggles with weight but boy did she put in the work before the wedding and it was definately worth it. She literally looked like a celeb on a red carpet on the day. So I’ll use her and my dress for motivation!

Grrrr, I’m so annoyed with having to start again! I should have just kept it off in the first place 🙁

Participant
    Registered On: May 3, 2010
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 1196

I told you to stop beating yourself up!! :nobadtalk

Participant

@mrs Brideog wrote:

I told you to stop beating yourself up!! :nobadtalk

Oopsies 😳

Participant
    Registered On: June 24, 2011
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Aww Duffer, do not be annoyed with yourself! You have to take it one step at a time and you can do alot in 9 months. Just keep up with the exercise and eat a little often. You can only do your best. Obviously your hubby to be is in love with you no matter your shape or size – he should be the only one you care about. To hell with what other ppl think – its your day and you have to make the most of it.
    x

Participant
    Registered On: June 24, 2011
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Aww Duffer, do not be annoyed with yourself! You have to take it one step at a time and you can do alot in 9 months. Just keep up with the exercise and eat a little often. You can only do your best. Obviously your hubby to be is in love with you no matter your shape or size – he should be the only one you care about. To hell with what other ppl think – its your day and you have to make the most of it.
    x

Participant
    Registered On: July 28, 2010
    Topics: 204
    Replies: 2602

keep that chin up girl and stop being so hard on yourself. we’re here for a good time not for a long time! Life is far too short for dieting! just try to make better food choices hunny and allow yrself a treat once a week. im a guru at weight loss at this stage – i lost 84lbs on weight watchers and some weeks i can be up 4 or 5 lbs in just a few days so i know how you feel. my rule of thumb is 80/20

be good 80% of the time and then the remaining 20% of the time have a break eat what you want (not the other way around 🙂 )

if you want to join my weight loss group on facebook hun yr more than welcome but pm me 1st yr real name cos i wont accept people on i that i dont know (its a closed group so only members can see its content.

here is the link anyway pet – remember keep that chin up xxxx

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=178326329693

Participant
    Registered On: January 17, 2011
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 413
    • MrsV2b
    • 6 years, 10 months ago

Hi Duffer,I feel like I’m in the same boat as urself but WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!
    I’ve just joined the gym and am feeling so much better already,I may not see it on the scales every week but I defo feel it in my clothes,we have time so lets do this !!!!!
    Chin up girly,we’re all in ur corner!!xxx

Participant

@munstermaid wrote:

Ah Duffer, I feel your pain. I went back to WW a few weeks ago, I lost two stone two years ago and had managed to keep it off, but am now about half a stone off target. Not much I know but enough to feel uncomfortable in my clothes. But I can’t get motivated at all this time around and I’m leaving it for a while. I’m back running three times a week and toning up, but still the scales depress me. My tip for FB is untag yourself in photos if people tag you, or contact the person directly and ask them to either remove the photo or edit you out of it. I hate FB for that reason, even though I’m on it every day. I have no problem contacting people or untagging myself in photos if I don’t like them. It doesn’t make the pic disappear but at least it’s not there in front of you to see. Just keep in mind that even your gorgeous friend the other day has had her fair share of shite days. As the other girls have said, chin up, and no matter what size we are, we are all gorgeous on our wedding day, and it’s not the dress. It’s the glow that every bride has, spanx or no spanx!!

Oh I have deffo untagged them all! I just need to quit my moaning and get on with it. I know I can do it. The last time it only took me three months to lose over two stone so it’s totally doable.
    I know all brides are fab but I just want my confidence back. I want to be able to look at my wedding ablbum without cringing at my belly and/or ass! And I will 🙂

I’ve two days behind me of excellent eating and the gym so so far it’s going great. I think I just might be in the zone again! I have to be in the zone because I was looking at pics of my dress again last night and my God it’s unforgiving!!

Participant

keep up the good work hunny x

Participant

@muckypup wrote:

keep up the good work hunny x

I sure will. Hopefully I’ll get some great tips from you WW FB page 🙂

Participant

yeah theres a good few recipes on there, but some proper dodge before pics of me lol dont laugh lol

Participant

Yea but isn’t it fantastic that you can look at them now and feel so proud of your efforts 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close